Lightened Up One Pan Chicken and Broccoli Fettuccine Alfredo is a healthier twist on classic chicken Alfredo pasta. It cooks in one pan and is lightened up to make it an easy yet satisfying meal for any day!
Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Fettuccine Pasta is a classic dish that everyone loves. However, Alfredo sauce can be heavy and full of calories. We created a healthy version that lightens up the calories but still contains the same delicious Alfredo taste that you love. This healthier version cooks in one pan in less than 30 minutes.
If you’re looking for an even lighter dish without the pasta and carbs, try Baked Boneless Chicken Thighs with a side of Roasted Broccoli. It’s an easy low-carb dish with the same chicken and broccoli flavor. Add even more parmesan to the broccoli to add that cheesy flavor.
Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Recipe
This recipe comes together easily. Everything, including the fettuccine pasta, cooks in one pan.
- Step 1: Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook the brown on both sides. Add the garlic, stir and cook for one additional minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 2: Add the chicken broth and half and half. Bring the dish to a simmer then add the pasta. Stir occasionally, for 6 to 7 minutes until the pasta starts to soften.
- Step 3: Add the broccoli, cover and cook until the pasta is al dente (about an additional 7 minutes.) Be sure to keep the pan covered to ensure that the pasta cooks evenly.
- Step 4: Add the cheese and stir until everything is melted. Serve immediately or let it sit a little while longer to thicken the sauce.
How do you make alfredo sauce thicker?
You can make the alfredo sauce thicker by adding extra Parmesan cheese. Add cheese to the pan, a little at a time, and stir until melted. You can also use heavy cream instead of half and half to make the dish even creamier. Keep in mind that any changes to the recipe will change the nutritional information.
We know that you’re going to love this easy chicken fettuccine Alfredo with broccoli. This meal includes everything you love about classic Alfredo pasta but is healthy and delicious. And because it cooks in one pan, clean up is easy. This recipe is the perfect weeknight meal and even makes a special dinner that is sure to impress.
Try this version and let us know what you think!
Lightened Up One Pan Chicken and Broccoli Fettuccine Alfredo
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup half and half
- 8 ounces fettuccine pasta
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- fresh parsley, for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. The skillet should be large enough to fit the pasta.
- Add chicken and cook until brown on both sides. Add garlic and cook for one additional minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken broth and half and half. Bring to a simmer then add pasta. Stir occasionally, for 6 to 7 minutes until the pasta starts to soften. Add the broccoli, cover and cook until pasta is al dente (about an additional 7 minutes).
- Add the cheese and stir until melted. Serve immediately or let sit to thicken sauce.
- Garnish with parsley and additional Parmesan cheese, as desired.
- You can use 2% milk to lighten up the dish even more or use heavy cream for a thicker consistency.