Strawberry Bruschetta is a simple, elegant and impressive appetizer or light lunch option! Pile fresh strawberries on top of crusty bread with goat cheese. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and enjoy.
Bruschetta is the perfect appetizer, lunch or snack. Pile fresh fruits and vegetables on top of crusty bread with a few other simple flavors. When strawberries are in season, we love creating an easy bruschetta with freshly chopped strawberries, balsamic, goat cheese and basil.
How to make Strawberry Bruschetta
- Mix together strawberries and sugar. You can omit the sugar, if desired or use honey.
- Assemble the bruschetta by spreading soft goat cheese over slices of French baguette. Top with the strawberry mixture and drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle with freshly sliced basil leaves.
This recipe is best when served immediately. You can prep the strawberry mixture in advance and assemble just prior to serving. The recipe requires only 10 minutes of prep time with the additional 30 minutes of rest time for the berries.
- You can use honey instead of the sugar. Or omit the sugar completely, if desired.
- Use cream cheese, brie, ricotta or mascarpone instead of the goat cheese, if desired.
- Other fruit: Experiment with other flavors by using blueberries, cherries, peaches or mango.
Other summer appetizer recipes
- Fresh guacamole
- Strawberry mango salsa with baked pita chips
- Mexican corn and green chili dip
- Strawberry cheesecake dip
- Baba ganoush
Bruschetta is a delectable little appetizer or snack. It’s easy yet impressive and is easily adapted to suit your taste. Try it and let us know what you think!
- 1 cup strawberries, diced
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 French baguette, sliced
- 4 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup sliced basil leaves
- freshly ground black pepper
- Stir together strawberries and sugar in a small bowl. Let the berries stand at room temperature until the juices are released, at least 30 minutes. Spread a layer of goat cheese on top of each baguette slice. Top each slice with spoonfuls of the strawberry mixture. Drizzle lightly with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle each slice with the basil leaves and cracked pepper, to taste.
- You can omit the sugar or use honey instead.
- You can prep the strawberry mixture in advance, but these should be assembled just prior to serving.
Recipe originally published March 2013, updated June 2020.