Fresh lemon cream and berries sits on top of a delectable lemon sugar cookie crust! The entire family will love these triple berry lemon cookie cups!
It is amazing how much more I can get done during a three day weekend. With the extra day, I had time to relax with no traveling, no work and plenty of beautiful weather. I started a new book on my summer reading list, planted some more flowers in my garden and made plenty of tasty treats, including these Triple Berry Lemon Cookie Cups that I am sharing with you today.
The plan for these cookie cups originally started as an idea to make a batch of mini pies. I’m not sure why, but summer is my favorite time of the year to make pie. It brings back memories of when my grandmother would make strawberry rhubarb pies with fresh rhubarb from her garden. Summer pies are always colorful, flavorful and fresh. But, the day I decided to make these cookie cups, I was craving something a little sweeter and that could be eaten easily without a fork. So I made lemon sugar cookies, filled them with creamy lemon filling and topped them off with fresh berries.
Citrus and berries are two of the best complimentary flavors. The combination of lemon and berries is like taking a bite out of summer, with the refreshing hint of lemon and the sweet, juicy flavor of the berries.
Triple Berry Lemon Cookies Cups are an easy yet impressive treat! They are perfect for serving at a summer picnic because they are individual servings that both kids and adults will love. Keep them chilled until just prior to serving. You can use whatever type of berries you like. I used blueberries, strawberries and raspberries, but fresh blackberries would also work well.
Triple Berry Lemon Cookie Cups
For the cookie cups:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
For the lemon filling:
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups mixed berries
To make the cookie cups:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 12 standard size muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray. In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt and baking soda; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add egg, vanilla and lemon zest; mix until combined. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing on low speed until incorporated.
- Using a 1 1/2 inch cookie scoop, scoop dough into muffin tin, dividing the dough evenly among cups. Press cookie dough into bottom of cup and press about 1/2 way up the sides of each cup, forming a cup shape. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until edges are golden.
- Remove from oven. Using the back of an ice cream scoop or tablespoon, press down on the center of each cookie to form a cup. Allow to cool completely.
To make lemon filling:
In a bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese at medium speed until smooth. Add sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice and beat until smooth, about 2 to 3 minutes. Using a pastry bag or spoon, fill cookie cups with filling. Top with mixed berries. Serve immediately
Nutrition InformationCalories: 286, Fat: 14g, Saturated Fat: 8g, Cholesterol: 54mg, Sodium: 161mg, Potassium: 58mg, Carbohydrates: 36g, Sugar: 23g, Protein: 3g, Vitamin A: 520%, Vitamin C: 1.7%, Calcium: 27%, Iron: 0.9%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.
Looking for more mini berry desserts?