I know that some of you are still digging out of the snow, but it doesn’t have to be summer to enjoy a popsicle. Ever since I purchased my new popsicle molds, I’ve been wanting to try these pops. Like ice cream, popsicles are relatively easy to make. Just mix up a creamy filling, freeze and you are ready to enjoy. These key lime pie popsicles are creamy, slightly tart and taste just like key lime pie. In addition to sharing these fun popsicles with you, I’ve also joined together with other bloggers to celebrate a special event.
I found this recipe on Smitten Kitchen last summer and have been wanting to make them ever since. To be honest, I’m not sure why it took so long to make these because they are SO GOOD! They taste just like key lime pie in popsicle form, so creamy and flavorful.
Key Lime Pie Popsicles
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed key lime juice*
- 2 teaspoons key lime zest*
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- pinch of salt
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- In a large bowl, combine juice, zest, condensed milk, heavy cream, milk and salt. Stir well until combined. Pour mixture into popsicle molds. Freeze for at least 6 hours, or until completely frozen.
- To remove popsicles from molds, dip in warm water for 10 to 30 seconds. Remove from mold and press each side into the graham cracker crumbs. Enjoy!