Chicken, pasta, buffalo sauce and blue cheese dressing combine to create a dish loaded with buffalo chicken flavor. One Pan Buffalo Chicken Pasta is an easy meal that the entire family will love!
Happy Friday! Before you head off to enjoy the weekend, I wanted to share one of my favorite one pot meals with you today. I am a huge fan of one pan meals because they make clean up easy and everything cooks in one pan. Yes, even the pasta! One Pan Buffalo Chicken Pasta is creamy and flavorful. Imagine buffalo chicken wings in pasta form and you have this irresistible meal that the entire family will love. Add it to your weeknight menu and enjoy!
For this recipe, I used a KitchenAid Tri-Ply Copper 3.5-quart sauté pan with lid. The pan is perfect for this type of meal because the 3-layer design cooks evenly and efficiently. This pan is actually my first piece of Tri-Ply cookware from KitchenAid and it exceed my expectations. I am really impressed with how evenly it cooks. It is currently my go-to pan for weeknight meals. When the entire dish is cooked in one pan it makes clean up easy too!
The day after, I actually ate the leftovers cold and it was just as good as a cold pasta salad!
One Pan Buffalo Chicken Pasta
- 1 pound chicken breast cut into 1 inch pieces
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup blue cheese dressing
- diced green onions for topping
- blue cheese crumbles for topping
- Season chicken with salt and pepper; set aside.
- In a 12" pan or skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and stir until soft, about 3 minutes. Add chicken to pan and cook until brown on both sides. Stir in garlic and cook an additional minute. Add uncooked pasta, chicken broth, and buffalo sauce to pan. Stir then bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 22 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in cream cheese and blue cheese dressing. Cook for an additional 5 minutes. Top with green onions and blue cheese crumbles, if desired. Serve immediately.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 594, Fat: 23g, Saturated Fat: 8g, Cholesterol: 104mg, Sodium: 1757mg, Potassium: 715mg, Carbohydrates: 57g, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 4g, Protein: 37g, Vitamin A: 415%, Vitamin C: 9.7%, Calcium: 89%, Iron: 1.8%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.
A few of my other favorite one pan meals:
One Pan Lemon Garlic Pasta by Yellow Bliss Road
One Pot Cheesy Taco Pasta by Chelsea’s Messy Apron