Chipotle Lime Chicken Taco Bowls with Mango Chipotle Sauce are packed with the freshest flavors! Grilled chipotle lime chicken with black beans, cilantro lime rice, mango salsa, cheese and guacamole are topped with a creamy mango chipotle sauce.
Where does the time go? It seems like the new year was just yesterday and here we are already in June with summer right around the corner. June is always one of my favorite months of the year because the weather is beautiful and it’s a great time to travel. It is also National Dairy Month! To celebrate, I teamed up with one of my favorite organizations, the American Dairy Association Mideast, to bring you this tasty Chipotle Lime Chicken Taco Bowl with Mango Chipotle Sauce.
June dairy month is a great time to celebrate America’s dairy farmers. In 2014, I had the opportunity to meet actual dairy farmers at their farms in Ohio. We visited the Indoes, dairy farmers from Lodi, Ohio, who milk about 80 cows and have been farming for nearly five generations. Check out this video to go inside the milking parlor with Bill Indoe to see how cows are milked! Dairy farmers make it their mission to bring you the freshest, healthiest and best tasting milk. I was beyond impressed with how well they care for their cows and always ensure that the milk is safe and antibiotic-free. I also couldn’t believe that milk makes it from Ohio dairy farms to my fridge in just 48 hours!
For this recipe, I combined some of the freshest flavors including chicken, beans, dairy, vegetables, fruit and herbs. Chipotle lime grilled chicken, black beans, fresh guacamole, shredded cheese and a mango red pepper salsa are served over cilantro rice and then topped with mango chipotle sauce. The sauce couldn’t be any easier and complements the flavors of the other ingredients. Puree fresh mango, adobo pepper paste, lime juice and sour cream in your food processor to create a delectable sauce that you don’t want to miss. Add these taco bowls to your weeknight menu soon. You can also prepare them in advance and reheat throughout the week.
To meet Ohio and West Virginia dairy farmers, learn more about how farmers care for their cows and follow milk’s journey from farm to fridge, visit Drink-Milk.com, and follow the American Dairy Association Mideast on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest. Add a serving of dairy to your favorite meal and enjoy this chipotle lime chicken taco bowl with mango chipotle sauce!
Chipotle Lime Chicken Taco Bowl with Mango Chipotle Sauce
For the chipotle lime grilled chicken:
- juice from 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- dash of salt
- 2 medium chicken breasts
For the cilantro lime rice:
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- dash of salt
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro
- juice from one lime
For the mango chipotle sauce:
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped mango
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chipotle paste*
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
For the taco bowls:
- 1 cup chopped mango
- 1/2 cup finely diced red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- juice from 1 lime
- 1/2 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup monterey jack or Mexican cheese blend
- 1/4 cup fresh guacamole
- To make the chipotle lime grilled chicken, in a medium bowl whisk together the lime juice, cilantro, olive oil, chipotle chili powder and salt. Add the chicken to the bowl and marinate for at least one hour in the refrigerator.
- To make the cilantro lime rice, in a medium saucepan bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add rice and a dash of salt. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro and lime juice.
- While the rice is cooking, add all of the ingredients for the mango chipotle sauce to a food processor. Puree until well blended and smooth; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the mango, red pepper, onion and lime juice. Stir until well blended; set aside.
- After marinating chicken, prepare grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat. Place the chicken on the grill directly over the fire and cook until the juices run clear and the chicken is cooked through, about 5 to 8 minutes on each side.
- To assemble the taco bowls, divide the cilantro rice between two bowls. Top with grilled chicken, mango-pepper salsa, black beans, cheese and fresh guacamole. Drizzle with mango chipotle sauce and serve.
This post was created in partnership with ADAMideast. As always, all opinions are my own.