Thank you to organicgirl for sponsoring this post!
Superfood Double Chocolate Muffins are packed with leafy greens, banana, chocolate and Greek yogurt! You will never know that two heaping cups of greens are hidden in these chocolate muffins.
Ever since I discovered organicgirl products, I knew that I had to combine greens and chocolate. Everything is better with chocolate, right? Superfood Double Chocolate Muffins are the perfect way to sneak greens into muffins. These muffins are packed with hearty greens, but you will never know. The rich chocolate flavor creates a muffin good enough for breakfast or dessert. In addition to this recipe, I have two more exciting details to share with you today. Make sure you scroll down for more information!
For this recipe, I used two heaping cups of organicgirl SUPERGREENS! The muffins are lightened up slightly by using banana, peanut butter and Greek yogurt. While organizing my recipes for a new ebook, I realized that I don’t have many breakfast recipes featuring greens and I definitely don’t have any baked recipes with greens. I solved that problem by creating these superfood double chocolate muffins. The new ebook will be available FREE for download and will feature some of my favorite recipes using organicgirl blends as well as tips for adding greens to every meal. Stay tuned! The ebook is launching soon. In the meantime, make a batch of these tasty muffins to share with your entire family.
Superfood Double Chocolate Muffins
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar*
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 cups organicgirl SUPERGREENS!
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin pan with liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a blender, add bananas, supergreens, Greek yogurt, milk, peanut butter and vanilla extract. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the blended mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Add egg and mix until incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter among the muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 full. Bake for 20 to 22 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center. Enjoy!
- You can use stevia or other sweetener, if desired.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 178, Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 15mg, Sodium: 175mg, Potassium: 278mg, Carbohydrates: 32g, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 16g, Protein: 5g, Vitamin A: 525%, Vitamin C: 3.1%, Calcium: 68%, Iron: 1.4%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.
This post is sponsored by organicgirl. As always, all opinions are my own.