Garlic Sesame Chicken Stir Fry is an easy meal that’s on the table in 30 minutes or less! It boasts an authentic Chinese stir-fry flavor and is packed with veggies. Skip take out to make this healthier stir fry at home.
Around this busy time of year, I’m always looking for easy meals that don’t require a ton of prep time and require little clean up. This Garlic Sesame Chicken Stir Fry is a quick and easy recipe that is on repeat in our house during this busy season! This dish cooks everything in one pot which makes for simple clean up. Skip takeout and make this healthier chicken stir fry at home with ingredients you probably already have in your pantry.
Sometimes when schedules are busier this time of year, it’s tempting to get delivery or pick up your favorite stir fry or fried rice from your favorite local Chinese restaurant. With this dish, you can avoid the takeout and substitute it with this homemade recipe that is much healthier for you. It’s lower in sodium and packed with your favorite vegetables and stir fry flavor.
Garlic Sesame Chicken Stir Fry is simple to make and is filled with lots of veggies to make it a true one-pot meal. By now, I’m sure you know how much I love one pot meals. This recipe takes the cake with minimal prep work and cook time. A hearty and delicious meal for the entire family comes together in less than 30 minutes!
Swap this dish for your next Chinese take-out night for a healthy option that the whole family will love! If you are looking for more one pot meals, try some of my favorite recipes!
Garlic Sesame Chicken Stir Fry
Yield: about 5 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Garlic Sesame Chicken Stir Fry is an easy meal that’s on the table in 30 minutes or less and boasts an authentic Chinese stir-fry flavor! Skip take out to make this healthier stir fry at home.
For the marinade:
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, thin sliced
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce or tamari
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
For the stir fry:
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- ½ onion, sliced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1 bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (4 oz) snow peas
- 1 can water chestnuts, drained
- ½ tablespoons sesame seeds
- Cauliflower fried rice
- Scallions, chopped
- Place chicken in zipper bag. Mix marinade in a bowl, then pour in the bag. Marinate in refrigerator for at least 15 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir carrots, onion, broccoli, mushrooms, bell pepper, snow peas, and water chestnuts until just tender, about 5 minutes. Remove vegetables from skillet and keep warm.
- Remove chicken from marinade, reserving liquid. Heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir chicken until slightly pink on the inside, about 2 minutes per side.
- Return vegetables and reserved marinade to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until chicken is no longer pink in the middle and vegetables are tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in sesame seeds. Serve over cauliflower rice and garnish with scallions.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION Yield: 5 servings
Amount per serving (WITHOUT cauliflower rice or rice): Calories: 280, Total Fat: 9.4g, Saturated Fat: 2.1g, Cholesterol: 52.0mg, Sodium: 950mg. Carbohydrates: 26.2g, Fiber: 2.8g, Sugar: 17.5g, Protein: 23.8g
SHOP THE RECIPE TOOLS
SKILLET (SAVE $25 OFF YOUR FIRST ORDER)
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, DON’T FORGET TO SHARE A PHOTO AND TAG @SPOONFULFLAVOR ON INSTAGRAM.