Thank you to Atkins Nutritionals for sponsoring this post!
Asparagus with Burrata Cheese and Kale Pesto is a quick, easy and impressive appetizer, snack or lunch option that is ready in less than 25 minutes! Serve the sautéed asparagus with burrata cheese and kale pesto to create a nutrient-rich, low-carb dish.
Spring is here! The arrival of seasonal vegetables at the farmer’s market and grocery stores is one of my favorite things about spring. Asparagus is in abundance this time of the year. I try to incorporate it into a variety of meals. Asparagus with burrata cheese and kale pesto is one dish that I love. It is packed with color and the freshest flavors. It’s simple, easy and impressive too.
I recently stumbled upon the new book Atkins: Eat Right, Not Less. The book focuses on enjoying a healthy, low-carb, low-sugar lifestyle. It provides guidance on how to naturally incorporate healthier choices into your lifestyle. It includes a guide and resources for prepping your kitchen for better eating without all the carbs. In addition, it shares ideas for swapping ingredients for nutrient-rich lower carb substitutes and a multi-week meal plan. The book is a great resource and guide to healthy eating.
Of course, the recipes section is my favorite part of the book. Lemon protein pancakes, apple crumble, baked sriracha hot wings and chipotle lime zucchini chips are a few recipes in the book. One of my favorite recipes is the asparagus with burrata cheese and kale pesto. The entire recipe comes together in less than 25 minutes and is made with only a few simple ingredients. The simple ingredients combine to create a flavorful snack, lunch or appetizer option. I make this recipe for meal prep so I can enjoy it as individual servings throughout the week. The recipes feature easy to find ingredients and offer an assortment of flavors.
Visit AtkinsEatRightNotLess.com to learn more about the Atkins: Eat Right, Not Less book and explore more about the Atkins program.
Asparagus with Burrata Cheese and Kale Pesto
- 1 pound asparagus trimmed
- olive oil spray
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup kale leaves
- 1 cup packed basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cold water
- 8 ounces burrata cheese
- Place the asparagus on a plate and coat with olive oil spray. Sprinkle with half of the seasoning salt and the black pepper. Heat a grill or large skillet over medium-high heat, and add the asparagus. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes, turning often, until the asparagus is tender. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the kale and basil to a food processor, pulsing seven to eight times, until finely chopped. Add the olive oil, garlic, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and water; blend until smooth and creamy.
- Cut the burrata into 6 wedges. Top a serving of asparagus with a wedge of burrata, including its creamy insides. Drizzle with kale pesto and serve.
- You can use extra virgin olive oil instead of the spray.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 174, Fat: 16.3g, Cholesterol: 26mg, Sodium: 200mg, Potassium: 219mg, Carbohydrates: 4.1g, Fiber: 2.1g, Protein: 8.8g
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Atkins. All opinions and text are my own.