Thank you to organicgirl for sponsoring this post!
Nourish yourself with a berry green Buddha bowl with lemon avocado kale mint dressing. Packed with protein, fresh greens, vegetables, and berries that you will want to enjoy every single day of the week!
Let’s take your boring lunch to a whole different level! Combine the freshest herbs, strawberries, avocados and greens in one big bowl to create a Berry Green Buddha bowl with Lemon Avocado Kale Mint Dressing. Buddha bowls, nourish bowls, power bowls and macro bowls are nutrient rich bowls loaded with protein, grains, veggies and more. The best thing about buddha bowls is that you can swap out any of the nutritious ingredients for your favorite flavors.
This Buddha bowl is packed with organicgirl i heart baby kale! In addition to adding the raw fresh greens to the bowl, I created a creamy green dressing.
Sometimes the salad dressing is the best part of a salad. This salad dressing came together one day at the last minute. I needed a salad dressing for my salad and was all out of my favorite organicgirl white cheddar dressing. Instead, I mixed together some ingredients I had available and created this smooth and creamy dressing made with avocado, lemon juice, organicgirl i heart baby kale and fresh mint. The dressing is so flavorful and refreshing. I could eat it by the spoonful!
In addition to adding tasty flavor to your meal, organicgirl partnered with Evolve Fit Wear to offer you the chance to win a year of FREE organicgirl, including salads, greens and juice plus a $500 gift card from Evolve Fit Wear and a $100 gift card to your favorite grocery store! Make sure you head over to the contest page to enter. Who wouldn’t want fresh and healthy greens, salad dressings and juices? Best of all, after entering you will receive a free recipe e-book and coupons for organicgirl salads and dressings. I already made one of the recipes from the e-book for lunch this past weekend.
Go ahead, nourish yourself with this berry green buddha bowl with lemon avocado kale mint dressing!
Do you love leafy greens? Sign up for my newsletter and receive a free eCookbook featuring breakfast, lunch dinner and snack recipes packed with leafy greens. Download the book, print it out and add more leafy greens to your diet every single day of the week. Sign up for my newsletter HERE!
*You will receive a welcome email with a link to download the book.
Berry Green Buddha Bowl with Lemon Avocado Kale Mint Dressing
For the dressing:
- 1/2 ripe avocado peeled, halved and pit removed
- 1 handful organicgirl i heart baby kale
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- juice from one lemon
- water as needed
For the bowl:
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 ounces organicgirl i heart baby kale
- 1/3 cup chickpeas
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped strawberries
- 1/3 medium cucumber sliced
- 1/2 avocado peeled, sliced and pit removed
- 1/2 teaspoon chia seeds
- To make the salad dressing, add the avocado, baby kale, mint and lemon juice to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until well blended. Add water slowly and mix until the desired consistency is reached; set aside.
- To make the buddha bowl, in a small bowl combine the quinoa, lemon juice, mint and parsley. Mix until combined. In a large bowl, combine the lemon mint quinoa, baby kale greens, chickpeas, strawberries, cucumber, avocado and chia seeds. Drizzle the dressing over the ingredients, as desired. Enjoy!
- These bowls and dressing can be prepped in advance. Add dressing just prior to serving.
- Store the bowls in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 307, Fat: 17g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Sodium: 33mg, Potassium: 971mg, Carbohydrates: 34g, Fiber: 11g, Sugar: 4g, Protein: 9g, Vitamin A: 5045%, Vitamin C: 86.7%, Calcium: 126%, Iron: 3.3%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.
This post is sponsored by organicgirl. As always, all opinions are my own.