When I’m craving a snack, I usually grab one of three things, nuts, fruit or chocolate. I love the crunchiness of nuts, the refreshing taste of fruit and of course the sweet flavor of chocolate. Today, I share with you one easy and incredibly additive snack – Candied Pecans.
The candied pecans only take about 5 minutes to prep and then another hour or so to bake in the oven. They are crunchy with a touch of cinnamon-sugar flavor. They are so good that I have a hard time sharing them. I would be perfectly content to keep the whole batch to myself. I like to keep them around the house and grab a few for a snack. It only takes a few to satisfy my sweet tooth, but it is incredibly difficult to resist eating more.
These would be great to serve at a holiday party or just to have around the house when your sweet tooth is calling. I found the small gold polka dot food favor bags you see in the picture towards the end of the post at Michaels. They are perfect for packaging some of the candied pecans and serving at a holiday party or even as a party favor. Even after the holidays, the candied pecans make a great snack all year round.
And if you are looking for some new baking sheets to make the candied pecans, head over to my post here to enter to win a $50 gift card to Williams Sonoma.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pound pecan halves
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon and salt. Stir to mix.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg whites, water, and vanilla. Add pecans and toss evenly to coat. Pour sugar mixture over pecans and stir to coat. Spread pecans on baking sheet and cook for one hour, stirring them every 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool to room temperature.
- Candied pecans can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 3952, Fat: 326g, Saturated Fat: 28g, Sodium: 2429mg, Potassium: 1957mg, Carbohydrates: 265g, Fiber: 45g, Sugar: 218g, Protein: 48g, Vitamin A: 5.1%, Vitamin C: 6%, Calcium: 34.8%, Iron: 65.1%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.