Incredible mouth watering candied pecans that are great for snacking. Learn how to make candied pecans for salads and more with only 10 minutes of prep!
When we’re craving a snack, we usually grab one of three things – nuts, fruit or chocolate. We love the crunchiness of nuts, the refreshing taste of fruit and the sweet flavor of chocolate. Candied pecans are one of our favorite snacks because they are sweet and crunchy. You only need a few to satisfy your sweets craving. Candied pecans are great for topping salads, for snacking or for giving as an edible gift during the holidays.
How to make candied pecans
Candied pecans are made in only 20 minutes. In a medium bowl ,whisk together sugar, cinnamon and salt. In a large bowl, whisk together egg whites, water and vanilla. Add pecans to the large bowl and toss to coat. Pour the sugar mixture over the pecans and stir to coat well.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the pecans on the baking sheet and cook at 250 degrees Fahrenheit for one hour, stirring them every 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool to room temperature.
These would be great to serve at a holiday party or just to have around the house when your sweet tooth is calling. Package them up and serve at a holiday party or even as a party favor. Candied pecans make a great snack all year round!
How do you store candied pecans?
Candied pecans can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
How long do candied nuts last?
Candied nuts will last for up to 2 weeks in an airtight container at room temperature. If you store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator, candied nuts can last up to six months or longer.
The candied pecans recipe only takes about 5 minutes to prep and then another hour or so to bake in the oven. They are crunchy with a touch of cinnamon sugar flavor. They are so good that we have a hard time sharing them. We like to keep them around the house and grab a few for a snack. They are easily prepped in advance and keep for up to three weeks so you can add them to all of your favorite meals including salads, desserts and more.
Give this easy recipe a try and then let us know what you think!
Ways to eat candied pecans
- Snack on them.
- Add them to salad.
- Top sweet potato toast with them.
- Use them in place of regular pecans in recipes.
- Bake a cake and then garnish it with pecans.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pound pecan halves
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon and salt. Stir to mix.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg whites, water, and vanilla. Add pecans and toss evenly to coat. Pour sugar mixture over pecans and stir to coat. Spread pecans on baking sheet and cook for one hour, stirring them every 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool to room temperature.
- Candied pecans can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.