Easy Chocolate Crinkle Cookies are my favorite Christmas cookie! This easy recipe made with real chocolate and a few other ingredients is sure to impress for holiday parties, cookie swaps and more. Only 20 minutes of prep creates 36 delectable cookies.
You can’t go wrong with chocolate cookies! These little Chocolate Crinkle Cookies are made with real chocolate. They are like brownies in cookie form. So good!
These chocolate crinkle cookies are the real deal! They are made with real butter, chocolate, sugar, eggs, vanilla, flour, salt and baking powder. Roll them in confectioners’ sugar to create little pillowy fudgy cookies that everyone loves. With only 20 minutes of prep, you will be on your way to delicious cookies to share with friends and family.
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies recipe
Crinkle cookies are relatively easy to make. Grab a few simple ingredients and make a batch!
- First, melt the chocolate and butter together.
- Next, mix together the sugar and eggs until pale and fluffy. Add the vanilla and then the chocolate mixture.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients (except for confectioners’ sugar) to the chocolate mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until the mixture is firm.
- Once the mixture is firm, roll into 1 inch balls, coat in the confectioners’s sugar and place on a prepared baking sheet. Bake and ENJOY!
Tips for making easy chocolate cookies
- The dough freezes well. Freeze the chocolate cookie dough for up to 2 months. Thaw and roll in confectioners sugar before baking.
- Store these cookies in a sealed container for up to 4 days.
- Add a Hershey kiss on top immediately after removing from the oven for extra chocolate flavor, similar to these Chocolate Kiss Cookies.
- Add a pinch of cayenne and cinnamon for a hint of Mexican chocolate flavor.
We know that you’re going to love these easy crinkle cookies! Create a fun plate of holiday cookies by making Stuffed Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies, Double Chocolate Chip Peppermint Cookies and beautiful Sugar Cookies with royal icing. Add some Peppermint Fudge and create a delicious assortment of holiday goodies that is perfect for gifting and sharing!
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup confectioners sugar, sifted
- In a heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water, melt the chocolate and butter until smooth. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the eggs and sugar until thick, pale and fluffy (about 5 to 6 minutes). Add the vanilla and mix to blend. Add the cooled chocolate mixture and beat until incorporated.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and baking powder. Add dry ingredients to the chocolate mixture, stirring just until incorporated. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm enough to shape into balls (several hours or even overnight).
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place the confectioners sugar in a shallow bowl. Form the chilled dough into 1 inch balls, then roll each ball in the sugar to coat. Coat balls completely, so that no chocolate is showing through. Place the sugar-covered balls on the prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or just until the edges are slightly firm but the centers are still soft. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 days.