Stuffed chocolate peanut butter cookies are a delectable cookie made in 20 minutes. The chewy chocolate cookies have peanut butter insides similar to buckeyes, but in cookie form.
Haley from If You Give a Blonde a Kitchen here and I am thrilled to bring you the perfect cookie for a peanut butter chocolate lover. If you love the combination of chocolate and peanut butter, then you’re going to love these Chocolate Peanut Butter Stuffed Cookies.
You could say baking is my expertise, and I really shine when it comes to cookies. They are my favorite dessert to eat and give away (if there are any left). They remind people of buckeye candies or Stuffed Peanut Butter Balls, but in cookie form. Kids and adults love these simple cookies that are made in only 20 minutes! If you love easy cookies, try our favorite Easy Peanut Butter Cookies too!
How to make chocolate peanut butter cookies
Chewy chocolate cookies are stuffed with gooey peanut to create a completely irresistible cookie.
- First, make the peanut butter filling with creamy peanut butter and confectioners’ sugar. Chill the peanut butter filling while preparing the cookie dough.
- Next, make the chocolate cooke dough with the cooke ingredients (flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, sugar, brown sugar, butter, peanut butter, vanilla and egg.)
- Scoop out a tablespoon of the cookie dough, roll it into a ball and then flatten it into a disc. Scoop out a tablespoon of peanut butter filling and roll it into a ball. Place the ball in the center of the chocolate disc and wrap the peanut butter inside the cookie. Roll into a ball and roll in granulated sugar.
- Bake the cookies, cool and enjoy!
Tips for making stuffed cookies
- These cookies are great for making with kids. They are also great for cookie swap parties or holiday gifts.
- Use regular creamy peanut butter. Try not to use peanut butter with the liquid on the top as it might cause the peanut butter filling to separate or spread.
- Roll the cookies in granulated sugar prior to baking to add that sparkly sugary exterior.
- Store the cookies in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Freeze the cookies for up to one month. Wrap tightly and store in a freezer safe container. Thaw at room temperature prior to eating.
We really love cookies that have surprises hidden inside them. We also love making surprise chocolate kiss cookies with hidden Hershey kisses. Or double chocolate peanut cookies with little bits of crushed peppermint in them. Biting into these cookies is always a fun surprise for your taste buds.
Try these cookies and let us know what you think!
Stuffed Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies
Peanut Butter Filling
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar, (94 g)
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter, (190 g)
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour, (188 g)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, (50 g)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, (100 g) plus extra for rolling dough
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, (110 g)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature (113 g or one stick)
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter, (60 g)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- To make the peanut butter filling, use an electric mixer to combine peanut butter and confectioners' sugar. Place in the freezer for 15 minutes to chill (it will be easier to handle later on). Meanwhile, make the chocolate cookie dough.
- To make the chocolate cookie dough, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or using a hand mixer), combine sugar, brown sugar, butter and peanut butter. Mix on medium-high until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl when necessary. Add vanilla and egg, and mix until incorporated, about 30 seconds. With the mixer on low, slowly add the flour-cocoa mixture to the dough. Mix just until combined, about 30 seconds.
- Scoop about a tablespoon of chocolate cookie dough, roll it into a ball and flatten it into a disc. Then scoop about a teaspoon of peanut butter filling and roll it into a ball. Place the peanut butter ball in the center of the chocolate disc and gently wrap the peanut butter inside the chocolate cookie dough. Roll into a ball and roll in the extra granulated sugar. Place on prepared cookie sheet and repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake cookies for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the edges are set and the tops begin to crackle. Cool cookies on cookie sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
- Store these in a container for up to 5 days. Or freeze for up to 1 month.