Easy No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies are a classic cookie that requires only 10 minutes of prep! Combine a few ingredients to create the best chocolate oatmeal cookies.
Cookie season is the best season! We love baking cookies for cookie swaps, holiday parties and more. Easy No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies are the perfect easy chocolate cookie. They are made from ingredients you probably already have in your pantry and require less than 10 minutes of prep time. They are a fun last-minute treat or a great snack to enjoy throughout the week.
No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookie Recipe
The recipe for these cookies couldn’t get any easier.
- First, combine sugar, milk, butter, cocoa powder and salt in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring frequently as you do not want the mixture to stick or burn on the bottom of the pan.
- Remove from the heat and stir in oats, nut butter and vanilla. We use whatever nut butter we have available. Peanut butter, cashew and almond butter all taste great in this recipe.
- Next, use a 2-inch cookie scoop to scoop the batter and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Press down on the cookies with the back of your scoop to level them out slightly.
- Allow the cookies to chill to room temperature for at least 30 minutes until they harden.
Tips for making no bake oatmeal cookies
- We use quick cooking old fashioned rolled oats for this recipe. The quick cooking oats create the best consistency for these cookies.
- Use high quality ingredients. You can use your favorite type of cocoa powder, but we love using Ghirardelli unsweetened cocoa powder or Hershey’s cocoa powder for the best texture and flavor.
- Store these cookies in a sealed container for up to 4 days.
We know that you’re going to love these cookies. Pair them with Peppermint Fudge for an edible holiday gift. Or enjoy them with a warm cup of Homemade Hot Chocolate. If you love these flavors, then you might also love these Oatmeal Chocolate Cookie Bars.
Try these easy cookies and let us know what you think. Enjoy!
Easy No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1/3 cup nut butter (peanut, almond, cashew)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a medium saucepan set over medium heat, combine sugar, milk, butter, cocoa and salt. Bring to a full boil, stirring frequently, and cook for 1 full minute.
Remove from heat, and stir in oats, nut butter, and vanilla.
Drop 2 tablespoonful-sized mounds of dough onto prepared baking sheet. Let cool at room temperature until hardened, about 30 minutes.
Store leftover cookies in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
- Store leftover cookies in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 113, Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 7mg, Sodium: 3mg, Potassium: 76mg, Carbohydrates: 14g, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 9g, Protein: 2g, Vitamin A: 84%, Calcium: 25%, Iron: 1%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.