The countdown is on. With Christmas a little over a week away there is still so much to do. I finished my Christmas shopping on Friday, wrapped and shipped off some gifts and planned what I will be making for the remainder of my holiday parties and Christmas. Today, I am sharing a holiday treat that is relatively easy and is sure to please everyone. When I am short on time or need to bring something to a holiday party at the last minute, I always bring this Chocolate Peppermint Fudge. It’s easy and everyone loves it. I will be making at least two batches of this fudge this week for our holiday work parties.
I use my basic chocolate fudge recipe and adapt it to add a subtle hint of peppermint extract and crushed peppermint. No candy thermometer is needed and the fudge comes together relatively easy. Fudge is one of those sweet treats where I can’t have just one piece. And it is great to serve at a holiday gathering because you don’t have to worry about leftovers since it will disappear long before the party is even over. The fudge also works well packaged up and given as small holiday gifts.
Enjoy the remainder of your holiday shopping, baking and entertaining! And don’t forget to bring some of this Chocolate Peppermint Fudge to your next holiday gathering.
Chocolate Peppermint Fudge
- 7 ounces marshmallow creme (1 jar)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (4 tablespoons)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/3 cup crushed peppermint
- Line an 8x8 square pan with aluminium foil. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine marshmallow creme, sugar, evaporated milk, butter and salt. Bring to a full boil, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and pour in semisweet chocolate chips and milk chocolate chips. Stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Add vanilla and peppermint extract and stir. Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle crushed peppermint over fudge and gently press down to set. Chill in refrigerator for 2 hours, or until firm.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 178, Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 7mg, Sodium: 33mg, Potassium: 48mg, Carbohydrates: 27g, Sugar: 24g, Protein: 1g, Vitamin A: 85%, Vitamin C: 0.2%, Calcium: 35%, Iron: 0.5%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.