Chocolate Peppermint Fudge is an easy fudge recipe with only 15 minutes of prep time! No candy thermometer or special ingredients are need to make this fudge. Make this irresistible holiday dessert with easy to find ingredients in your pantry!
Are you looking for a treat to bring to your holiday gathering? Or perhaps an edible gift that you know everyone will love? Chocolate peppermint fudge is the perfect treat for holiday gift giving and holiday parties. It’s my go-to edible gift because everyone loves chocolate. We also love chocolate peppermint cookies, peppermint bark and homemade hot chocolate for the holidays.
Peppermint fudge recipe
To make this peppermint fudge recipe, we use a basic chocolate fudge recipe and add a subtle hint of peppermint extract and crushed peppermint.
Combine marshmallow creme, sugar, evaporated milk, butter and salt in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
Remove the pan from the heat, add chocolate chips and stir until melted. Add the vanilla and peppermint extracts and stir.
Pour the mixture into an 8×8 inch square pan lined with aluminum foil. The foil helps to prevent the fudge from sticking. Chill in the refrigerator for two hours or until form.
Fudge is one of those sweet treats where I can’t have just one piece. And it is great to serve at a holiday gathering because you don’t have to worry about leftovers since it will disappear long before the party is even over. The fudge also works well packaged up and given as small holiday gifts.
Enjoy the remainder of your holiday shopping, baking and entertaining! And don’t forget to bring some of this Chocolate Peppermint Fudge to your next holiday gathering.
Chocolate Peppermint Fudge
- 7 ounces marshmallow creme (1 jar)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (4 tablespoons)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/3 cup crushed peppermint
- Line an 8x8 square pan with aluminium foil. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine marshmallow creme, sugar, evaporated milk, butter and salt. Bring to a full boil, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and pour in semisweet chocolate chips and milk chocolate chips. Stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Add vanilla and peppermint extract and stir. Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle crushed peppermint over fudge and gently press down to set. Chill in refrigerator for 2 hours, or until firm.
- Package the fudge in small boxes to give as edible holiday gifts.
- The fudge will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 178, Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 7mg, Sodium: 33mg, Potassium: 48mg, Carbohydrates: 27g, Sugar: 24g, Protein: 1g, Vitamin A: 85%, Vitamin C: 0.2%, Calcium: 35%, Iron: 0.5%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.