Hi everyone! Danae here from Recipe Runner again! I’m so excited to be back sharing another delicious dessert with you here on Ashley’s wonderful blog! With the holidays just around the corner I wanted to make sure I armed you with an easy to make, show stopping dessert, Eggnog Cheesecake and Cranberry Sauce Parfaits!
Yep, it’s a mouthful to say, but trust me if you love eggnog you are going to want a mouthful of these! When I was thinking about how to make these parfaits I knew I had to do another seasonal version of my no bake cheesecakes. You all seemed to love the No Bake Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes that I made earlier this fall, so I thought eggnog would be the perfect version to share this time of year.
Now I could have opted to pair the eggnog cheesecake with gingerbread or gingersnaps, and trust me it was a tough call, but instead I chose to use delicious seasonal cranberries. I love using cranberries in as many ways as I can while they are available, which if you ask me isn’t long enough! I find myself hoarding fresh cranberries and sticking them in the freezer so that I can enjoy them whenever I get that tart cranberry craving.
Enough about my cranberry obsession, let’s talk about these Eggnog Cheesecake and Cranberry Sauce Parfaits. The no bake cheesecake is about as healthy as it comes, but you’d never know! It uses a combination of low fat cream cheese and non fat Greek yogurt to keep the fat on the low end. Instead of adding actual eggnog to the cheesecake I added all of the flavors you find in it, cinnamon, nutmeg, and rum extract. Add some sugar for sweetness and you have the creamiest most delicious eggnog cheesecake! As if the cheesecake wasn’t good enough on it’s own, we’re going to layer it with some fresh homemade cranberry sauce. The cranberry sauce adds a nice tart, sweet, fruity flavor that pairs perfectly with the cinnamon, nutmeg, and rum flavors in the cheesecake.
These beautiful layered parfaits not only taste amazing but they will also look gorgeous on your holiday dessert table! I love the ruby red color of the cranberry sauce combined with the creamy white of the eggnog cheesecake, so festive! Before the holidays fly by add these Eggnog Cheesecake and Cranberry Sauce Parfaits to your list of desserts to make!
Eggnog Cheesecake and Cranberry Sauce Parfaits
For the Eggnog Cheesecake:
- 1 cup plain non fat Greek yogurt
- 4 ounces low fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
For the Cranberry Sauce:
- 3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, about 12 ounces
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup water
To Make the Cranberry Sauce:
- In a medium sized saucepan add the cranberries, brown sugar, cinnamon, and water.
- Bring the cranberries to a boil then lower the heat to medium low and simmer until the cranberries start popping.
- Mash the cranberries with the back of a fork and continue to simmer them until the sauce thickens, about 3-5 minutes.
- Place the cranberry sauce in the refrigerator to chill.
To Make the Eggnog Cheesecake:
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or with a hand mixer add all of the cheesecake ingredients.
- Using the whisk attachment, beat the cheesecake mixture until it is smooth.
Assembling the Parfaits:
- Layer the cranberry sauce and eggnog cheesecake in bowls, glasses, jars, etc. beginning and ending with the cranberry sauce.
- Chill in the refrigerator for an hour before serving.
More Cheesecake Recipes:
Connect with Danae: