Everyone needs a good cranberry sauce recipe. It is so easy to make your own homemade cranberry sauce, and it really adds something special to Thanksgiving dinner. This Apple Cranberry Sauce with Orange and Ginger is my new favorite cranberry sauce. The orange and ginger add a unique element that really enhances the cranberry flavor. The first time I made this recipe, I just ate it by the spoonful.
I like my cranberry sauce thick, flavorful and slightly sweet. This recipe can be made a day ahead and served with Thanksgiving dinner. I’ve already added it to my Thanksgiving day menu and I’m sure it will make an appearance at Christmas as well. Try this easy homemade apple cranberry sauce and you will impress all of your guests.
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- zest and juice from one orange
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Combine all of the ingredients in a medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium-low heat for 18-20 minutes, until the fruit is tender and the liquid has thickened. The sauce will thicken as it cools. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Source: slightly adapted from Baked Bree