Learn how to cook spaghetti squash in the instant pot with this easy recipe! This is an easy and reliable way to cook the squash for serving on it’s own as a side dish or with meatballs and sauce for a main meal.
Spaghetti squash is one of our go-to easy weeknight meals, especially during the fall when it’s readily available in stores or at the farmer’s market. It’s quick, easy and lower carb. This squash cooks quickly and easily in an Instant Pot or pressure cooker. We cook the squash in the instant pot and then serve it with marinara sauce and homemade Italian Turkey Meatballs.
There is only one ingredient you need – spaghetti squash! You can add salt and pepper to season and serve with spaghetti squash, parmesan cheese and fresh herbs.
Spaghetti squash is so good, we could eat it every single day. It’s low carb and tastes delicious with a variety of things like spaghetti sauce, meatballs or anything else that you serve with noodles.
How to Cook Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash
Spaghetti squash cooked in the instant pot requires only a few steps.
- First, cut the squash lengthwise and scrape out the seeds.
- Place one cup of water and a trivet in the pressure cooker or Instant Pot. Place the spaghetti squash on the trivet and cool on HIGH pressure for 15 minutes. Use a quick release to vent the steam and release pressure.
- Next, scoop out the flesh of the squash with a fork.
- Serve as desired with your favorite toppings.
INSTANT POT RECOMMENDATIONS: This recipe uses a 6 quart instant pot or pressure cooker. Use your favorite brand. Ninja foodi and Instant Pot are both good brands.
The squash has a mild, neutral flavor. It’s light and tastes slightly sweet. It’s not as strong in flavor as acorn or butternut squash and is a great substitute for traditional pasta.
Carefully cut the squash in half lengthwise. You can cut a small amount off of each end before cutting lengthwise, if desired, to make cutting through the flesh easier.
Cook the squash in the instant pot and serve it with any of the recipes below.
- Serve this with Chicken Parmesan Meatballs.
- Cook the squash and serve it with Chicken Puttanesca.
- Spaghetti Squash Pad Thai is fun twist on Chicken Pad Thai.
- Use spaghetti squash to make this delectable Tomato Basil Pasta with the freshest homemade ingredients.
- Make it simple and add pesto to the noodles.
Cooking spaghetti squash in the Instant Pot is quick and easy. Free up your oven to cook tasty meatballs or another dish to serve with the squash. We love making this recipe weekly and know that it will make a frequent appearance on your dinner menu.
Try it and let us know what you think!
Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 cup water
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Olive oil, to taste
- Pasta sauce, (optional)
- Grated Parmesan cheese, (optional)
- Fresh parsley or basil, (optional)
- Use a sharp knife to carefully cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Scrape out the seeds with a spoon and discard.
- Place 1 cup water and trivet into a 6 quart pressure cooker or Instant Pot. Place spaghetti squash on the trivet, close and secure the lid. Cook on High Pressure for 15 minutes, carefully performing a quick release at the end of the cook time.
- Carefully transfer spaghetti squash to a cutting board. Use a fork to gently pull the spaghetti strands of flesh away from the skin.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and a drizzle of oil, if desired. You can slo serve the squash with pasta sauce, Parmesan cheese or parsley and basil.
- Nutritional information does not include pasta sauce, cheese or additional toppings.