Tomato Basil Pasta is an easy weeknight meal that comes together in less than 30 minutes. Fresh basil, tomatoes, parmesan and pasta create an easy and appetizing pasta dish for lunch or dinner!
Easy pasta dinner recipes make weeknights easy. Tomato Basil Pasta is an easy yet impressive dinner recipe made in 30 minutes. A quick homemade pasta sauce is served with pasta, fresh basil and Parmesan cheese, if desired. Serve this easy pasta dish any night of the week. You probably already have all of the ingredients available in your kitchen. It’s quick, easy and both kids and adults love it.
We love making this easy pasta when we don’t know what else to make for dinner. It easy and delicious!
How to make tomato basil pasta
- First, make the sauce by combining garlic, tomato paste, red pepper flakes, crushed tomatoes and dry white in a medium saucepan. Cook until sauce is thickened.
- While the sauce is cooking, cook pasta until al dente.
- Next, stir cream and Parmesan cheese into the sauce. Add water, if desired, to adjust the consistency of the sauce. More water will yield a thinner sauce.
- Serve the cooked pasta with the tomato sauce and fresh basil or additional Parmesan cheese.
We use penne pasta often for this dish, but you can use your favorite type of pasta. Tortellini pasta, spaghetti and gnocchi pasta all taste great with the homemade tomato basil sauce.
Pasta is the best comfort food. It is warm, comforting and filling. This tomato basil pasta is an easy meal that cooks in about 30 minutes. It is perfect for the weeknights when you want to cook something, but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen.
Easy pasta recipes for dinner
- Shrimp pasta with white wine sauce made in 30 minutes!
- Pasta primavera made with your favorite seasonal vegetables.
- Cajun chicken pasta is a one pot pasta dinner with a creamy sauce.
- Creamy mushroom and spinach pasta is an easy but filling pasta dish.
- Caprese chicken pasta is another one pot recipe made in less than 35 minutes.
Easy Tomato Basil Pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 pound pasta
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese plus more for serving
- ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves chopped
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat oil until it starts to shimmer. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in tomato paste, red pepper flakes, and crushed tomatoes. Cook for one minute, stirring constantly. Add wine and cook, stirring frequently, until about 3/4 of liquid has evaporated, 2 to 3 minutes. Add crushed tomatoes and bring to simmer. Reduce heat to low, partially cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce is thickened, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in boiling water until al dente. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup of pasta water.
Stir in cream and parmesan cheese to the sauce. Add more water, if necessary to adjust the consistency of the sauce. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add sauce to cooked pasta. Stir in basil and serve with additional parmesan cheese.
- For this meal, we usually use penne pasta, but you can use any type of pasta that you like.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 634, Fat: 21g, Saturated Fat: 9g, Cholesterol: 46mg, Sodium: 178mg, Potassium: 375mg, Carbohydrates: 88g, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 4g, Protein: 18g, Vitamin A: 770%, Vitamin C: 2.7%, Calcium: 123%, Iron: 1.9%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.