Banana Chocolate Chip Coconut Baked Oatmeal is made with coconut milk, maple syrup, fresh bananas, shredded coconut and chocolate chips to create a healthier option for breakfast! It reheats well and tastes great as leftovers so you can enjoy it all week long.
My latest food obsession is baked oatmeal. The past six Sundays in a row, I made a batch of baked oatmeal to enjoy throughout the week. For half of the weeks, I made my popular Banana Berry Crunch Baked Oatmeal. The other weeks, I made this Banana Chocolate Chip Coconut Baked Oatmeal. The recipe uses coconut milk, maple syrup, fresh bananas, shredded coconut and chocolate chips to create a healthier option for breakfast.
The best thing about this oatmeal is that is only takes 10 minutes to prep. Bake it for 30 minutes and then you have a tasty meal with fresh fruit and a hint of chocolate. With the chocolate, it’s like eating dessert for breakfast! You can even make it ahead of time and reheat it just prior to serving.
Let’s see how many weeks I continue to eat this baked oatmeal before I move onto a new recipe. Make a batch for yourself and then reheat the leftovers for breakfast during the week. Or make a batch to share with your friends and family. If you love it as much as I do, you will want to make this Banana Chocolate Chip Coconut Baked Oatmeal again and again!
Banana Chocolate Chip Coconut Baked Oatmeal
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Banana Chocolate Chip Coconut Baked Oatmeal is made with coconut milk, maple syrup, fresh bananas, shredded coconut and chocolate chips to create a healthier option for breakfast!
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut, sweetened or unsweetened, plus more for topping
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 large banana, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups coconut milk*
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease an 8-inch square baking dish with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, coconut, baking powder and salt. Pour into the baking dish. Layer the sliced bananas and chocolate chips over the top of the oats, spreading evenly.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, maple syrup, vanilla extract and coconut milk. Mix until well combined. Slowly pour over the oats. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the top is golden brown. Allow to cool slightly before serving. Top with additional coconut, as desired. Enjoy!
*You can substitute the coconut milk for cow’s milk, almond milk, soy milk or any other milk.
Source: Spoonful of Flavor// All images and text ©
Other Oatmeal Recipes: