One pan chicken sausage with roasted vegetables and apples is an easy sheet pan meal that is made in less than 30 minutes! A few simple ingredients creates a flavorful fall meal.
Simple meals are my go-to for any day of the week! Fall is right around the corner and I’m craving fall vegetables like broccoli, brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes. One pan chicken sausage with roasted vegetables and apples is an entire meal that you can enjoy all year long. Sheet pan dinners make meal prep and clean up easy. Everything cooks on the pan in under 30 minutes to create an easy clean eating recipe that you can enjoy all year long!
How to Make One Pan Chicken Sausage with Roasted Vegetables and Apples
Add chopped sweet potato, apple and broccoli to a pan with sliced chicken sausage and halved brussels sprouts. You can use any chicken sausage but we love to use apple chicken sausage. Add rosemary, cinnamon, salt and pepper for additional flavor. Toss with olive oil and then bake in the oven at 425° degrees Farenheit for 25 minutes. You can even prep everything in advance, bake and then serve.
I use sweet potato, broccoli and brussels sprouts for the vegetables in this recipe to add nutrients and flavor. I also really love the combination of these vegetables with the rosemary cinnamon seasoning. This recipe can be made year round with any vegetables that are in season.
You can replace the vegetables with:
- green beans
- snow peas
What is Apple Chicken Sausage?
Apple Chicken Sausage is made with a few ingredients including chicken, dried apples and seasonings. It has a sweet flavor and is best served alongside vegetables like sweet potato, butternut squash, corn, broccoli, green beans and asparagus. Unlike spicy sausage, chicken apple sausage packs a lot of flavor without the spiciness. Its the perfect chicken sausage for kids and adults.
Other Chicken Apple Sausage Recipes
- One Pan Chicken Apple Sausage Pasta
- Chicken Apple Sausage Quinoa Casserole
- Sausage Apple and Thyme Breakfast Pizza
Are you looking for more easy clean eating recipes? Check out my healthy dinner recipes for more dinner inspiration. We love these Asian Chicken Meatball Lettuce Wraps and this Lemon Roasted Shrimp with Asparagus and Herbed Couscous for when you need dinner a meal on the table in 30 minutes or less!
One Pan Chicken Sausage with Roasted Vegetables and Apples
- 9 ounces chicken sausage, sliced into 1/2 inch rounds
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup halved brussels sprouts
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 large apple, peeled, seeded and chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon fresh or dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Add all of the ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Toss to evenly coat. Transfer to a large, rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until vegetables are tender, tossing halfway through baking. Serve immediately.
- I like using a sweet sausage like Aidells Chicken and Apple Sausage.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 271, Fat: 15.7g, Saturated Fat: 3.7g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.2g, Monounsaturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 56.3mg, Sodium: 633.9mg, Potassium: 321.7mg, Carbohydrates: 22.6g, Fiber: 4.5g, Sugar: 10.2g, Protein: 12.2g, Vitamin A: 146.2%, Vitamin C: 100.3%, Calcium: 7.7%, Iron: 9.6%
Kitchen tools used in this recipe
- Chef’s Knife – a good knife is essential in any kitchen. Don’t forget to use a knife sharpener to keep them sharp.
- Sheet Pan – we love these gold sheet pans from Williams Sonoma. They last forever and everything bakes evenly.
- Spatula – you can never have too many serving utensils. All you need for this recipe is a spatula!
This post contains affiliate links.