Lightened Up One Pan Chicken and Broccoli Fettuccine Alfredo is a healthier twist on classic chicken Alfredo pasta. It is cooked in one pan and lightened up to make it an easy yet satisfying meal for any day!
Why order take out or wait for a table at a restaurant when you can have a restaurant quality meal at home? Best of all, it’s ready in less than 30 minutes and is a lightened up version of a classic favorite. Lightened Up One Pan Chicken and Broccoli Fettuccine Alfredo is made with basic ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry and fridge. In addition to this incredible recipe, I’m participating in the 2018 Good Cookies Food Bloggers’ Valentine Event. Last year I made these tasty Chocolate Covered Strawberry Macaroons. This year I jumped at the chance to team up with bloggers from around the country to support Cookies for Kids Cancer. Be sure to scroll down to read the full details about how you can help battle pediatric cancer!
This is the second year for our Valentine’s event! We want to make a difference in the fight against pediatric cancer!
Did you know that cancer is the #1 cause of death of children by disease in the U.S.? There are 40,000 U.S. children actively battling cancer right now. With less than 4% of the National Cancer Institute’s budget going to all childhood cancer combined, I knew it was important for me to get involved.
Help us make a difference by donating to Cookies for Kids’ Cancer! Our goal is to raise at least $3000. Because these three companies: Dixie Crystals, Mediavine and OXO have each pledged to match our donations raised through this campaign up to $3000!!!
Thanks to many of you, we have reached our goal. You can still donate and help us make an even bigger difference!
Lightened Up One Pan Chicken and Broccoli Fettuccine Alfredo
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Lightened Up One Pan Chicken and Broccoli Fettuccine Alfredo is a healthier twist on classic chicken Alfredo pasta. It is cooked in one pan and lightened up to make it an easy yet satisfying meal for any day of the week!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup half and half*
- 8 ounces fettuccine pasta
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- fresh parsley, for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. The skillet should be large enough to fit the pasta.
- Add chicken and cook until brown on both sides. Add garlic and cook for one additional minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken broth and half and half. Bring to a simmer then add pasta. Stir occasionally, for 6 to 7 minutes until the pasta starts to soften. Add the broccoli, cover and cook until pasta is al dente (about an additional 7 minutes).
- Add the cheese and stir until melted. Serve immediately or let sit to thicken sauce.
- Garnish with parsley and additional Parmesan cheese, as desired.
*You can use 2% milk to lighten up the dish even more or use heavy cream for a thicker consistency.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION Yield: 4 servings
Amount per serving: Calories: 478, Total Fat: 19g, Saturated Fat: 9g, Cholesterol: 71mg, Sodium: 400mg. Carbohydrates: 47g, Fiber: 2.7g, Sugar: 4g, Protein: 30g
Source: Spoonful of Flavor// All images and text ©