Balsamic Roasted Butternut Squash and Brussels Sprouts with Pomegranate Seeds is an easy flavorful side dish made with roasted butternut squash cubes, Brussels sprouts, onion and more.
Let’s start roasting! Fall means two things, roasted vegetables and fresh fall produce as far as the eye can see, right? Roasting is the easiest way to cook all of the fresh fall vegetables. They are a great addition to a clean eating diet. Turn on the oven, toss them with a little dash of seasonings and roast. Balsamic roasted butternut squash, brussels sprouts and pomegranate combines a few of my favorite flavors in one simple dish. I couldn’t resist topping the roasted vegetables off with the fresh tart flavor of crunchy pomegranate seeds from the pomegranates grown in my backyard.
One of my favorite things about developing recipes is that my house smells like Thanksgiving and Christmas long before the holiday season arrives. Because I start cooking seasonal recipes months in advance, the holidays usually sneak up on me. This year, I am trying to plan ahead and at least prepare my Thanksgiving Day menu a few weeks in advance. One thing is for sure; these roasted vegetables are definitely on my holiday menu. They require minimal prep time or additional seasonings so they are quick and easy. Any leftovers are a great addition to a fall salad. I like to add roasted vegetables to greens and serve it with my favorite Maple Balsamic Dressing.
Other roasted vegetable recipes
- Roasted Butternut Squash with Cranberries, Greens and Apples
- One Pan Chicken Sausage with Roasted Vegetables and Apples
- Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower with Lemon and Garlic
Sign up for the Spoonful of Flavor Newsletter
Do you love easy weeknight meals? Don’t miss our NEWSLETTER! It’s packed with meal plans, new recipes, giveaways and more. Click here to sign up for our newsletter so you don’t miss a thing!
Balsamic Roasted Butternut Squash and Brussels Sprouts with Pomegranate
- 1/2 medium butternut squash,, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 3 cups brussels sprouts,, trimmed and halved
- 1 red onion,, quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Arrange butternut squash, Brussels sprouts, and onion on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and toss. Season with pepper. Roast in oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until browned. Remove from oven and add to a serving dish. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and serve immediately.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, DON’T FORGET TO LEAVE A REVIEW BELOW AND THEN SHARE A PHOTO AND TAG @SPOONFULFLAVOR ON INSTAGRAM.
This post contains affiliate links.