Lightened up, creamy and bursting with fresh lemon flavor, these Greek Yogurt Lemon Cheesecake Bars are the perfect dessert to make anytime! They require less than 15 minutes of prep and everyone loves them.
Cheesecake bars are a great alternative to baking a cheesecake. They are easy to make, easy to serve and taste delicious. Add real lemons for fresh lemon flavor. Lemon Cheesecake Bars are lightened up with greek yogurt to create a fluffy, delicious and subtly sweet dessert that everyone loves.
Danae here from Recipe Runner. Do you ever make something and you seriously just want to pat yourself on the back or give yourself a high five because it’s that awesome? That’s exactly what I was doing when I took my first bite of one of these bars. They are light, refreshing and so good.
How to make Lemon Cheesecake Bars
- Step 1: Prepare the Graham Cracker Crust. Pulse graham crackers together in a food processor with melted butter. Spread in the bottom of an 8×8 square baking pan and bake.
- Step 2: Mix together the filling. Beat together the filling ingredients in a stand mixer. Use fresh lemon juice and zest for fresh lemon flavor.
- Step 3: Pour the filling over the crust and bake.
- Step 4: Chill the cheesecake. Chill the cheesecake in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours to set.
These bars are figure friendly, skinny, light, healthier, whatever you want to call it, but with as rich and creamy as they taste, you’d never guess it!
Tips for making cheesecake bars
- The recipe calls for equal amounts of plain non-fat Greek yogurt and 1/3 less fat cream cheese. This helps make them light but super creamy. You can use full fat cream cheese, if desired.
- Do not over mix. Mix the ingredients until incorporated. The mixture should be smooth.
- Use fresh lemons for the best texture and flavor. Do not forget the lemon zest as the zest adds the most flavor.
- Chill at least 3 hours.
- Store the bars in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Other lemon dessert recipes
Everyone who makes these lemon cheesecake bars loves them and we know that you will too. They are light, fluffy and delicious. These are the perfect dessert for sharing. Kids and adults will love them.
Try them and let us know what you think!
Greek Yogurt Lemon Cheesecake Bars
- 6 whole graham crackers
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 6 ounces 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
- 6 ounces plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg white
- Pinch of salt
- 1 heaping tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8x8 baking pan with cooking spray or line it with parchment paper.
- Place the graham crackers in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until finely ground. Drizzle in the melted butter and pulse again until the crumbs are moist and stick together when pressed between your fingers.
- Pour the crumbs into the prepared 8x8 pan and firmly press them into an even layer. Bake the crust in the oven for 6 to 7 minutes or until the edges start to turn golden brown. Remove from the oven and reduce the heat to 300 degrees. Let the crust cool while you make the filling.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer or using a handheld mixer beat the softened cream cheese until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add in the Greek yogurt, sugar and pinch of salt and beat again until smooth, scraping down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
- Add in the egg and egg white and beat until smooth. Add in the lemon zest, juice and vanilla and beat until smooth. Add in the flour and beat until smooth.
- Pour the filling on top of the cooled graham cracker crust then place it on the middle rack of the oven. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the cheesecake is set, but the center is still a little jiggly, don’t overbake.
- Allow the bars to cool completely before refrigerating them for at least 3 hours.
Connect with Danae:
This recipe was originally published in March 2016 and was updated May 2020.