Creamy and bursting with fresh lemon flavor, these Lemon Cheesecake Bars are the perfect dessert to make anytime! They are a healthier version and require less than 15 minutes of prep.
Cheesecake bars are a great alternative to baking an entire cheesecake. They are easy to make, easy to serve and taste delicious. Use real lemons for fresh lemon flavor.
Lemon Cheesecake Bars are lightened up with greek yogurt to create a fluffy, delicious and subtly sweet dessert.
This recipe was created by Danae at Recipe Runner to share with you.
Ingredients You Need
- Graham Crackers
- Cream Cheese
- Greek Yogurt
- Vanilla Extract
Steps to Make Lemon Cheesecake Bars
Step 1: Prepare the Graham Cracker Crust
Pulse graham crackers together in a food processor with melted butter. Spread in the bottom of an 8×8 square baking pan and bake.
Step 2: Mix together the filling
Beat together the filling ingredients in a stand mixer. Use fresh lemon juice and zest for fresh lemon flavor.
Step 3: Pour the filling over the crust and bake.
Step 4: Chill the Cheesecake. The cheesecake should chill in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours to set.
- The recipe calls for equal amounts of plain non-fat Greek yogurt and 1/3 less fat cream cheese. This helps make them light but super creamy. You can use full fat cream cheese, if desired.
- Do not over mix. Mix the ingredients until incorporated. The mixture should be smooth.
- Use fresh lemons for the best texture and flavor. Do not forget the lemon zest as the zest adds the most flavor.
- Chill at least 3 hours.
- Store the bars in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
These bars are figure friendly, skinny, light, healthier, whatever you want to call it, but with as rich and creamy as they taste, you’d never guess it!
They are the perfect dessert for sharing. Try them and let us know what you think!
Other Lemon Dessert Recipes
Lemon Cheesecake Bars
- 6 whole graham crackers
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 6 ounces 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
- 6 ounces plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg white
- Pinch of salt
- 1 heaping tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8×8 baking pan with cooking spray or line it with parchment paper.
- Place the graham crackers in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until finely ground. Drizzle in the melted butter and pulse again until the crumbs are moist and stick together when pressed between your fingers.
- Pour the crumbs into the prepared 8×8 pan and firmly press them into an even layer. Bake the crust in the oven for 6 to 7 minutes or until the edges start to turn golden brown. Remove from the oven and reduce the heat to 300 degrees. Let the crust cool while you make the filling.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer or using a handheld mixer beat the softened cream cheese until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add in the Greek yogurt, sugar and pinch of salt and beat again until smooth, scraping down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
- Add in the egg and egg white and beat until smooth. Add in the lemon zest, juice and vanilla and beat until smooth. Add in the flour and beat until smooth.
- Pour the filling on top of the cooled graham cracker crust then place it on the middle rack of the oven. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the cheesecake is set, but the center is still a little jiggly, don’t overbake.
- Allow the bars to cool completely before refrigerating them for at least 3 hours.
This recipe was originally published in 2016 and was updated with new process photos and tips in February 2021. Visit Danae at Recipe Runner for more delicious recipes!