Thank you to organic girl for sponsoring this post!
Grilled Peach Crostini with Arugula, Prosciutto and Goat Cheese is the perfect light summer snack, appetizer or lunch!
Fire up your grill!
I use my grill almost every single day during this time of the year. In fact, I think almost everything tastes better grilled in the summer. I grill everything from salads to desserts. In the past week, I grilled pizzas, watermelon, romaine lettuce for Caesar salads, bread and skillet berry cobbler. Today, I am giving you another excuse to turn on your grill, enjoy the outdoors and eat a delectable little snack, appetizer or lunch. Grilled Peach Crostini with Arugula, Prosciutto and Goat Cheese combines a few simple ingredients to create something easy and impressive. It is a great option for dinner parties and entertaining.
I love fresh seasonal peaches. During the summer I love to grill them. Grilled peaches are perfect for dessert, tossed with a salad or even layered over a slice of grilled bread with a few extra ingredients. Because I always have arugula in my fridge, I layer it over the goat cheese before topping with prosciutto and grilled peaches. The flavors work really well together with the sweet peaches complementing the salty prosciutto and flavorful goat cheese. Don’t forget the balsamic reduction that adds even more flavor.
You can even use the same exact ingredients and make yourself grilled pizzas on naan bread for something a little more filling.
Don’t miss the opportunity to supercharge your summer. Enter to win a Fitbit and one year of free organicgirl greens. Follow organicgirl on Pinterest and check out the Summer Supercharge board. Create your own personal board titled “organicgirl summer supercharge” and pin recipes that inspire you to add more greens and superfoods to your diet. Visit organicgirl for more details on how to supercharge you summer and win!
Grilled Peach Crostini with Arugula, Prosciutto and Goat Cheese
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 small French baguette or ciabatta loaf sliced into 1/3" thick
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 large peaches halved and pitted
- 4 ounces goat cheese softened
- 1.5 ounces organicgirl baby arugula
- 3 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- To prepare the balsamic reduction, in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, bring balsamic vinegar to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until the vinegar has reduced to 1/4 cup, about 20 minutes. Set aside and let cool.
- Brush both sides of bread slices with olive oil. Brush cut side of peaches with olive oil. Preheat grill to medium. Grill bread until golden and crisp, about 2 minutes on each side. Grill peaches until tender, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove bread and peaches from grill. Cut peaches into small slices. Top bread with goat cheese, arugula, prosciutto, and sliced peaches. Drizzle with balsamic reduction and extra olive oil. Serve immediately.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 580, Fat: 34g, Saturated Fat: 10g, Cholesterol: 27mg, Sodium: 646mg, Potassium: 363mg, Carbohydrates: 49g, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 16g, Protein: 14g, Vitamin A: 790%, Vitamin C: 6.5%, Calcium: 127%, Iron: 3.4%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.
This post was created in partnership with organicgirl. As always, all opinions are my own.