Pineapple Coconut Lime Sherbet is a refreshingly light and dairy free dessert to cool off with this summer! This tropical treat will have everyone asking for seconds!
Happy summer everyone! Danae here from Recipe Runner. Summer is one of my favorite seasons in Colorado. After living in Arizona for 29 years and dreading the coming of 110+ degree days for months, 90 degree days are a welcome sight. Although, I have gotten a little soft and actually prefer the 80 degree days. It’s funny how fast we adapt to the conditions we live in.
Aside from the weather, my other favorite things about summer are all of the outdoor activities, grilling, sitting by the firepit roasting s’mores and going out for ice cream at least once a week. When we aren’t going out for ice cream, I love to make my own. And when I want something a little lighter and dairy free I grab a scoop of this Pineapple Coconut Lime Sherbet.
Generally a sherbet contains dairy milk, but since I was going for a tropical flavor with this sherbet, I made it using coconut milk. Not only does it add a nice coconut flavor, but it also is a great option if you’re lactose intolerant or vegan.
Along with the coconut milk, this sherbet also contains fresh pineapple, lime zest and juice, fresh ginger and a little sugar to sweeten it up. Everything gets blended up and added to an ice cream maker. It can be eaten immediately or you can put it in a freezer safe container and let it get firm.
If you do decide to let it get firm you will need to let it sit out for at least 15 minutes before serving or you can add a couple tablespoons of vodka to the mixture before churning it in the ice cream maker. Vodka will help keep it from turning rock solid.
Generally I’m a cup girl when it comes to ice cream, sherbet or sorbet. However, I do occasionally love eating it out of a waffle cone, which is what I did with this. I also topped it with some toasted coconut and extra lime zest, which of course add more flavor, but also makes for a fun presentation.
Pineapple Coconut Lime Sherbet
- 1 fresh pineapple cored and diced
- zest and juice of a lime
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 cup canned light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon vodka optional, helps prevent the sherbet from freezing rock solid
- Toasted coconut and lime zest for topping the sherbet optional
- Add all of the ingredients (except the toppings) to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturers instructions.
- Eat immediately or transfer to a freezer safe container and freeze until firm.
- Nutritional information does not include optional coconut and lime zest for topping.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 854, Fat: 14g, Saturated Fat: 13g, Sodium: 176mg, Potassium: 986mg, Carbohydrates: 176g, Fiber: 12g, Sugar: 139g, Protein: 4g, Vitamin A: 10.5%, Vitamin C: 524.4%, Calcium: 11.8%, Iron: 14.6%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.
More Frozen Treats
Connect with Danae: