Learn how to cook delicata squash with this easy roasted delicata squash recipe made with maple syrup and cinnamon! This easy recipe requires only four ingredients and 10 minutes of prep to create an easy side dish with a subtle sweet flavor.
Are you unsure about how to cook delicata squash? Do you want to try it but don’t know how to cook it? Roasted delicata squash with cinnamon and maple is easy to make and tastes incredibly delicious. The entire recipes comes together easily and requires only four ingredients.
Tips for eating delicata squash
Delicata squash is a delicious winter squash that is easy to prepare. The squash is low in calories yet packs flavor and nutrients. Grab this squash at your grocery store or farmers market and make baked delicata squash.
Do you eat the skin of Delicata squash?
Yes, there is no need to peel the squash as the skin is edible. All you need to do is chop off the ends, slice the squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds.
What does Delicata squash taste like?
Delicata squash is a subtly sweet squash like you find in sweet potatoes. The flavor has notes of sweetness like a butternut squash with hints of pumpkin. It’s subtle, smooth and delicious.
Is Delicata squash a vegetable?
Yes. The entire squash is edible too.
What is the season for Delicata squash?
Delicata squash is a winter squash, available from early fall through late spring. It is available at most grocery store and farmers markets.
How to cook Delicata squash
Roasting the squash is the easiest way to cook it. To roast, clean the squash, cut both ends off and slice in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds and then cut each half into 1/4-inch thick slices.
Place the squash on a large rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle with olive oil and maple syrup. Sprinkle with cinnamon and toss to coat. Bake and then enjoy. It’s that easy!
If you’re looking for a simple way to cook squash then you’re going to love this baked Delicata squash recipe. It’s easy and always delicious! Enjoy it as a simple side dish with dinner any day of the week. Add a little variety to your dinner menu and try one of our other favorite squash recipes.
Other squash recipes
Roasted Delicata Squash with Maple and Cinnamon
- 2 medium Delicata squash
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Clean the squash, cut both ends off and slice in half lengthwise. Remove the seeds and then cut each half into 1/4-inch thick slices.
- Place the squash slices in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and maple syrup and sprinkle with cinnamon. Toss to coat.
- Spread squash slices evenly on prepared baking sheet. Place in the oven and roast for 15 to 20 minutes. Flip and roast for another 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown and tender.
- Use two tablespoons of maple syrup, if desired, to make it sweeter.