Banana Coconut Crunch Muffins are a fun twist on a classic banana bread muffin recipe! These banana nut muffins are made with walnuts, granola and shredded coconut.
Start your day with these banana coconut crunch muffins. These muffins have bananas, coconut, granola and nuts. All of the ingredients work really well together and no single ingredient outshines the other. The coconut adds something sweet while the granola and nuts add crunch. Add some diced walnuts or extra granola to the coconut topping for additional crunch.
How to make banana nut muffins
Banana nut muffins are a classic recipe. To make these muffins, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with paper liners. In a stand mixer, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add melted butter and blend. Then add the egg, milk, vanilla and mashed bananas. Fold in the diced bananas, walnuts, granola and coconut.
Pour the banana bread batter into the muffin cups, filling each 3/4 full. Top with extract shredded coconut, if desired. Bake in the oven for 24 to 26 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean. Allow to cool in the pan and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Read the full recipe below for exact measurements and details.
Storing banana muffins
Store banana muffins in plastic wrap, tin foil or a container to prevent them from drying out. You can also place the banana bread in the refrigerator for up to a week or freeze the banana bread. Wrap it tightly before storing in the fridge or freezer.
Tips on how to make banana nut muffins
- You can omit the nuts in this recipe or use another type of nut, if desired.
- You can omit the coconut, if desired, although the coconut adds the best texture and flavor.
- For the best consistency, use ripe bananas. They should have at least a few black spots on them.
- Substitute cow’s milk or almond, soy or other alternative.
Other banana bread recipes
- Banana Coconut Crunch Bread with Coconut Cream Icing
- Banana Berry Crunch Baked Oatmeal
- Paleo Chocolate Chunk Strawberry Banana Bread
- Banana Bread Pancakes
Bake a batch of these banana bread muffins to share with your friends and family. They are a classic banana nut muffin recipe that everyone will love.
Banana Coconut Crunch Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 ounces unsalted butter melted and cooled (1 stick)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup +2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup diced ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup diced walnuts
- 1/2 cup granola
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut + extra for topping
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add the melted butter and blend. Add the egg, milk, vanilla and mashed bananas to the flour-and-butter mixture and mix well. Fold the diced bananas, walnuts, granola and coconut into the batter.
Spoon the batter into the muffin cups, filling each ¾ full. Top with extra coconut, if desired. Bake 24-26 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of muffin comes out clean. Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition InformationAmount per serving (1muffin) — Calories: 278, Fat: 13.5g, Cholesterol: 36.6mg, Sodium: 163.7mg, Potassium: 119.9mg, Carbohydrates: 38.2g, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 20.5g, Protein: 4g
Kitchen tools needed for banana nut muffins
- We use these muffin liners. They add a classic and impressive touch to a great recipe!
- Use a 12 cup standard muffin tin for baking.
- A stand mixer makes baking in the kitchen so much easier!
If you try this recipe, please leave a review below! Share on Instagram and tag @Spoonfulflavor so we can see what you’re making.
This post contains affiliate links.