Apple Crisp Cheesecake Parfaits are the perfect dessert for fall and the upcoming holidays! Layers of creamy cinnamon cheesecake, apple pie filling and all topped off with crunchy granola and whipped cream.
Hi everyone! Danae from Recipe Runner here today. I’m so excited to be back for another guest post this month and I couldn’t resist sharing a dessert recipe.
Since it’s fall and I heard that you guys love apple desserts, I knew these Apple Crisp Cheesecake Parfaits would be a hit! The first time I did a guest post here on Spoonful of Flavor was just over three years ago. I can’t believe it’s been that long! No Bake Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes were the first recipe I shared. If you’re a fan of pumpkin I know you’ll love them.
If you don’t care for pumpkin or you’re like me and just a fan of anything cheesecake, then you need to make these Apple Crisp Cheesecake Parfaits. Just like the pumpkin cheesecakes, these are both mini and no bake as well. I like to make my parfaits in little jars because it’s such a nice presentation, but put them in whatever you have, it doesn’t change the flavor!
Besides the cuteness and ease of making these parfaits, I’ve also made them a little lighter than your traditional slice of cheesecake. Instead of using all cream cheese, I lightened it up with Greek yogurt. It’s a great to way to cut some of the calories and add protein without losing any of that cheesecake flavor.
The apple portion of the parfait is made on the stovetop and can be made a day or two in advance to save time. The filling will get thicker the longer it’s in the fridge. You can easily get it back to that apple pie filling consistency by adding a tablespoon or so of water. Then heat it just until warm in the microwave and stirring it together.
I layered the parfaits into 4-ounce size jars and was able to make 8 of them. Of course the size of the parfaits is totally up to you. The crisp part comes from the crunchy granola on top. Since all of the other ingredients are either soft or creamy, the granola was the perfect way to top them off.
Finish them with a little whipped cream and a dusting of cinnamon and you have an easy and delicious fall/holiday dessert. Enjoy!
If you love cheesecake parfaits, try our Eggnog Cheesecake and Cranberry Sauce Parfait!
Apple Crisp Cheesecake Parfaits
Apple Pie Filling:
- 3 apples , peeled and diced (I used a combination of Granny Smith and Honeycrisp)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, mixed with 1/4 cup of water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups plain non-fat or 2% Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Granola and whipped cream for topping the parfaits
- In a medium sized saucepan over medium heat, add the apples, brown sugar, lemon juice, spices, salt and 1/3 cup of water. Stir everything together until combined and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to a simmer and cover with a lid. Cook the apples until they are soft, about 8-10 minutes.
- Once soft, whisk together the cornstarch and remaining 1/4 cup of water in a small bowl, pour it into the apple mixture and stir together.
- Continue to stir until the mixture thickens, about 2 minutes. Stir in the vanilla extract then remove from the heat and let it cool.
- While the apple filling cools make the cheesecake.
- In a medium sized bowl or the bowl of an electric mixer, add all of the cheesecake ingredients. Use a handheld mixer or an electric mixer to beat everything together until smooth.
- Layer the cheesecake and cooled apple filling into 4-ounce jars or something similar in size. Top with granola, whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
More Apple Desserts
Connect with Danae: