A flavorful carrot-nut bread filled with a layer of cream cheese swirl. Grab a slice to enjoy with your morning cup of coffee!
Nutty, creamy and packed with veggies. Today, I am bringing you a fresh Carrot-Nut Cream Cheese Swirl loaf and a sweet surprise for a blogger friend.
SURPRISE! Today, you are invited to a virtual baby shower in honor of Cathy of Lemon Tree Dwelling who is expecting a beautiful baby girl! Make sure to scroll to the bottom of this post to check out all of the fun recipes created by bloggers to celebrate the impending arrival of Cathy’s sweet baby girl. Congratulations Cathy!
The perfect treat to share for the virtual baby shower is this Carrot-Nut Cream Cheese Swirl Loaf that is included in the new Quick Bread Love eCookbook by Stephanie of Girl Versus Dough. If you haven’t purchased this book yet, you definitely need to check it out. I was really excited when I heard that Stephanie was releasing an eCookbook because all of her recipes are relatively easy yet impressive. The book includes 31 new and original recipes, with several gluten free options. I’ve already baked two loaves of this carrot-nut loaf and an additional loaf of the lemon crumb loaf recipe that is also included in the book.
Baking vegetables into bread is the perfect way to justify eating your veggies and enjoy a little treat. Carrot-nut cream cheese swirl loaf is the perfect quick bread because it isn’t too sweet. And of course, the cream cheese swirl is the best part. I love baking the bread the night before I plan to serve it. It is perfect served with a cup of tea for breakfast or as an afternoon snack.
Make sure to stop by and check out all of the other fun recipes created by some of your favorite bloggers!
Lemon Raspberry Cookie Sandwiches by Life Love and Sugar
Blueberry Buttermilk Coffee Cake by Your Homebased Mom
Lemon Yogurt Cake by Yummy Healthy Easy
Orange-Raspberry Mini Toaster Strudels by Chelsea’s Messy Apron
Orange Dream Monkey Bread by Wine and Glue
Strawberry Shortcake Kebabs by Or So She Says
Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake by Beyond Frosting
Strawberries and Cream Cheese Ball Bites by Five Heart Home
Pig Pickin’ Cake by Sugar Dish Me
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Skillet Cookie by Lemons for Lulu
Creamy Shrimp Dip by Mostly Homemade Mom
Salted Butterscotch Coffee Cake by Julie’s Eats and Treats
Strawberry Cake by The NY Melrose Family
Frozen Chocolate S’mores Ice Cream Pie by Pink When
Carrot Cream Cheese Swirl Loaf by Spoonful of Flavor
Fiesta Rice Skillet by The Grant Life
Raspberry Ripple Lemon Bundt Cake by Love Bakes Good Cakes
Ooey Gooey Orange Creamsicle Bars by The Gunny Sack
Mixed Berries with Honey Maple Mascarpone by Joyful Healthy Eats
Rosewater Almond Macaroons by Little Miss Celebration
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cupcakes by Crazy for Crust
Momosas Mocktail Recipe by The Weary Chef
Carrot-Nut Cream Cheese Swirl Loaf
For the cream cheese swirl:
- 1 8 ounce package Neufchatel cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 egg white
For the bread:
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9" x 5" loaf pan.
For the cream cheese swirl:
- In the bowl an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat cream cheese, honey and egg white until smooth.
- In a large bowl, whisk carrots, sugars, oil and eggs until smooth. In a separate large bowl, stir together flours, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger until combined. Add sugar-oil mixture to flour mixture; stir to combine. Fold nuts into mixture.
For the bread:
- Pour half of batter into loaf pan. Top with cream cheese mixture; smooth with a spatula. Top with remaining batter; smooth with spatula.
- Bake one hour or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes, then remove and transfer to a rack to cool completely.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 255, Fat: 12g, Saturated Fat: 6g, Cholesterol: 32mg, Sodium: 150mg, Potassium: 235mg, Carbohydrates: 34g, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 18g, Protein: 4g, Vitamin A: 65.1%, Vitamin C: 1.4%, Calcium: 6.1%, Iron: 6.9%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.
To purchase a copy of the eCookbook click on the image below:
*Disclaimer – please note that this post contains affiliate links, meaning that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, I would receive a small commission. Thank you for your support of Spoonful of Flavor!