Flourless Brownies with Peanut Butter Frosting are easy to make and irresistible! A fudgy brownie is topped with whipped peanut butter buttercream frosting to create a sweet treat that everyone will love.
All day I dream about…..fill in the blank. Brownies?! I can’t be the only one that thinks about brownies all day long. Okay, I might be slightly exaggerating, but I do think about brownies when I’m craving chocolate or need a sweet afternoon treat. Brownies make the day so much better and are the perfect start to the weekend. Today, I’m sharing this irresistible recipe for flourless brownies with peanut butter frosting. The brownies are naturally flourless and are topped with a smooth and creamy whipped peanut butter buttercream frosting. What are you waiting for?
Some people have described these brownies as the best they ever tasted. I completely agree. These brownies are the perfect treat for a peanut butter lover. The fudgy brownie layer compliments the sweet creamy peanut butter frosting. I use my standard flourless brownie recipe that you may have seen before in my Flourless Mexican Brownies recipe.
Don’t wait to make a batch of flourless brownies with peanut butter frosting. Bake a batch this weekend and share them with your friends and family!
Flourless Brownies with Peanut Butter Frosting
For the brownies:
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate chopped
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder sifted
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the frosting:
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- To make the brownies, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8x8 square pan with foil and spray lightly with baking spray; set aside.
- In a small saucepan set over low heat, melt the butter. Stir in the sugar until incorporated. Add the chopped chocolate, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat and add the eggs, one at a time. Add the vanilla extract and stir until incorporated.
- While mixing, slowly add the cocoa powder, cornstarch and salt. Using a hand mixer on high speed, beat the batter until smooth and shiny, 1 to 2 minutes. (You can also do it by hand, beating vigorously.)
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the brownies are set in the center. Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for at least one hour.
- To prepare the frosting, in a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the butter and beat on medium speed for one minute. Add the peanut butter and beat until combined. Slowly add the confectioners' sugar and salt. Mix until combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Add the heavy cream and mix until light and fluffy, about 2 to 3 minutes. Spread the frosting over the brownies, remove from pan and slice before serving.
- Store in a sealed container for up to 3 days.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 380, Fat: 24g, Saturated Fat: 11g, Cholesterol: 50mg, Sodium: 171mg, Potassium: 197mg, Carbohydrates: 36g, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 30g, Protein: 5g, Vitamin A: 7.4%, Calcium: 2.3%, Iron: 7.4%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.