No bake cookies and cream cheesecake is an easy dessert to make from scratch. The cheesecake filling and crust is packed with chocolate cookie crumbs! Make this oreo cheesecake to share with everyone.
What to do when it’s too hot to turn on the oven… make no-bake cookies and cream cheesecake! Haley here from If You Give a Blonde a Kitchen and today I’m sharing a recipe for, you guessed it, cookies and cream cheesecake.
I realized halfway through making this recipe that I made a similar dessert this time last year on Spoonful of Flavor (no-bake chocolate cookie cheesecake parfait). I don’t know if it’s the time of year or my intense liking for cookies that makes me crave this genre of dessert.
Regardless, no-bake cookies and cream cheesecake is where it’s at.
How to crush cookies
This cake recipe is loaded with chocolate cookie flavor. Let’s start with the crust. Crush 24 chocolate sandwich cookies into small pieces and mix with melted butter. This mixture creates a thick, sturdy crust for the cheesecake to sit on. You can use a food processor to crush the cookies or use a rolling pin. To use a rolling pin, fill a ziplock bag with the cookies. Seal and then roll the rolling pin over the cookies in the bag until crushed.
How to make cookies and cream cheesecake
Combine crushed cookies with melted butter. Add the mixture to the bottom of a springform pan. We use a springform pan for this recipe because it creates nice, clean edges and the slices serve easily.
For the filling, use 15 crushed cookies, cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar and heavy cream. I think the secret here is the heavy cream. It gets whipped up nice and good (about 5 minutes of mixing) so the cheesecake is thick and light.
Crushed cookies keeps the cake in better shape and gives it a consistent cookie flavor. Use oreo cookies or your favorite chocolate sandwich cookies.
And boy is this cookie flavor good. I mean, the crust is irresistible on its own! It’s thick, chocolatey and crumbles in your mouth with each bite.
The filling has a pillow-like consistency, which is a nice counterpart to the crust. With such mouthwatering flavor, there is no doubt in my mind that one slice will satisfy your sweet tooth. And all without turning on the oven!
Give this no bake cookies and cream cheesecake recipe a try this summer and you won’t regret it! Try a few of our other favorite no bake cheesecake recipes if you’re craving more cheesecake.
No bake cheesecake recipes
- Strawberry Cheesecake Bites
- Banana Cream Pudding Cheesecake
- Cheesecake Bites (dipped in chocolate and so good!)
- Margarita Cheesecake Bites
No Bake Cookies and Cream Cheesecake
For the crust
- 24 chocolate sandwich cookies
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted (57 grams)
For the cheesecake
- 15 chocolate sandwich cookies
- 2 cups cream cheese, room temperature¹ (16 ounces)
- 1 cup powdered sugar (120 grams)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream (480 ml)
- Whipped cream
- 2 chocolate sandwich cookies cut into quarters
To make the cookie crust, line the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan² with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Add 24 chocolate cookie sandwiches to a food processor and process until you have fine crumbs, about 45 seconds.³ Add the melted butter and process for 10 more seconds until are of the crumbs are moistened.
- Transfer the mixture into the prepared pan, and firmly press it down into one even layer. Place pan in the refrigerator to chill and make the cheesecake filling.
To make the cheesecake filling, process 15 more chocolate cookie sandwiches and set aside.
- Using a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the cream cheese until smooth, about 1 minute. Add in the powdered sugar and vanilla extract and mix until well combined, about 1 more minute.
- Turn the mixer to low speed and slowly pour in the heavy whipping cream. Increase to medium speed and continue beating until the mixture is thick and hold soft peaks on the beaters when they are lifted (about 3 to 5 minutes).
- Using a rubber spatula, gently fold the cookie crumbs into the mixture until just combined.
- Remove the springform pan from the refrigerator and transfer the cheesecake filling onto the crust. Using an offset spatula (or knife) spread the filling around into one even layer.
- Cover the top of the pan with plastic wrap and transfer back to the refrigerator to chill for at least 4 hours or ideally overnight.
- Remove the no-bake cheesecake from the pan, garnish with whipped cream and cookies if desired and serve cold.
- It’s important to use room temperature cream cheese as this will create a smoother cheesecake without any lumps.
- I highly recommend a springform pan as it makes the cake easier to slice and serve. However, if you don’t have a springform pan, use a pie plate and cut the filling ingredients in half. The crust recipe will remain the same as you will press some of the crust up the sides of the pan.
- If you have a small food processor, process the cookies in batches and transfer the crumbs to a bowl. Stir in the butter by hand.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 571, Fat: 40g, Saturated Fat: 22g, Cholesterol: 106mg, Sodium: 326mg, Potassium: 170mg, Carbohydrates: 51g, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 37g, Protein: 5g, Vitamin A: 1210%, Vitamin C: 0.2%, Calcium: 72%, Iron: 3.7%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.
IF YOU TRY THIS OREO CHEESECAKE RECIPE, DON’T FORGET TO SHARE A PHOTO AND TAG @SPOONFULFLAVOR ON INSTAGRAM.