This easy Peach Crumble recipe is a simple peach dessert that everyone loves! This peach cobbler crumble recipe is made with fresh peaches and crumble topping. Only 15 minutes of prep work before baking.
Peaches are our favorite stone fruit! We try to eat them every single day during peach season. There is nothing like fresh peaches and there is nothing like a fresh peach dessert. It’s the perfect comfort food.
Peach crumble is one of our favorite summer dessert recipes because it’s made with fresh peaches and a simple crumble topping. The entire recipes comes together with only 15 minutes of prep work before baking. And the entire family loves it!
It is similar to peach cobbler but with a slightly different texture. Traditional peach cobbler is typically served with a biscuit, batter or dumpling topping. This peach dessert is more like a crisp. We call it a peach crumble because it includes a simple layer of peaches with a crumble topping.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s made with basic pantry ingredients plus fresh peaches!
- The peach crumble requires only 15 minutes of prep time.
- This recipe suits any diet. With a few easy substitutes, you can make it refined sugar free and gluten free.
- Serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream for a delicious fruit dessert.
- Brown Sugar: You can use light or dark brown sugar. Dark brown sugar will result in a stronger flavor.
- Flour: You can substitute with 1:1 gluten free all-purpose flour to make this recipe gluten free.
- Sugar: You can replace the sugar (both granulated and brown sugar) with coconut sugar, if desired. You can also replace the granulated sugar with 1/2 cup brown sugar. Brown sugar creates a richer flavor. You can also reduce the amount of sugar, if desired.
How to Make Peach Crumble
Peach crumble comes together in a few easy steps.
- Make the peach filling. Combine sliced peaches, brown sugar, flour, lemon juice, vanilla and cinnamon in a large bowl. Toss to coat. Spread the peaches into the bottom of a 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Combine ingredients for the topping. In another bowl, combine flour, sugar, pecans (optional), baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Stir in a beaten egg until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over the peaches.
- Drizzle butter over the crumble topping.
- Bake the peach crumble for 35 to 40 minutes, until lightly browned and the filling is bubbling around the edges.
Serve with a scoop of ice cream or fresh whipped cream!
Recipe Tips and Substitutions
- Add other fruit. You can substitute 1/2 to 1 cup of the peaches with other fruit. Blueberries, blackberries and strawberries are great additions to this peach crumble dessert.
- Make it gluten free. Substitute the all purpose flour for 1:1 gluten free all purpose flour.
- Add oats for more texture. You can add 1/4 cup of oats to the crumble to make an oat crumble topping.
- Prep Ahead: You can also prep this dessert ahead and reheat it just prior to serving. It reheats in the oven well and tastes great for up to 3 days.
You don’t have to peel peaches as the skin is completely edible. We love the skin on so we leave it on for this peach crumble. However, if you prefer to peel the peaches, feel free to do so. Either way, they taste great.
Yes, you can uses frozen peaches for this dessert, although we recommend thawing them before using. Frozen peaches may create a different texture but taste just as delicious.
Peach desserts are always the best! In addition to this tasty peach crisp dessert, we also love making a few of our favorite peach dessert recipes. Try one or try them all. With everything from peach bread to tarts and cakes, you can’t go wrong. Try this easy peach dessert and then come back and let us know what you think!
If you love this recipe, try other peach dessert recipes like Peach Crostata and Peach Pie Cupcakes.
Did you try this peach crumble recipe? Leave a recipe rating and review below!
- 2 pounds peaches (about 6 cups), sliced (and peeled if desired)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease or butter a 13×9 casserole dish. Set aside.
- Place peaches in a large mixing bowl. Add brown sugar, flour, lemon juice, vanilla and cinnamon. Toss to coat. Spread peaches into an even layer in the bottom of the casserole dish.
- To make the topping, combine flour, sugar, pecans (if using), baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Stir in egg until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over the peaches, then drizzle butter over topping.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, until lightly browned and filling is bubbling around the edges. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
- You can use frozen peaches, but fresh always works better.
- Omit the pecans, if desired.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Delicious! My go to recipe for peach crumble now.
I’m so glad you enjoyed. Thanks so much for your feedback!
Easy and delicious way to prepare fresh peaches!
This is the perfect way to use ripe summer peaches! So delicious!