Raspberry Cheesecake Stuffed Brioche French Toast is a great idea for breakfast or brunch. With sweet raspberry amaretto preserves and cheesecake filling, this buttery french toast is too good to resist!
Are you still unsure about what to make for Mother’s Day brunch? Today you came to the right place because I am sharing a delectable recipe for Raspberry Cheesecake Stuffed Brioche French Toast that moms will love. To create a sweet brunch option, I started with buttery soft brioche bread stuffed with cream cheese filling and raspberry preserves. The stuffed bread is then dipped in a standard egg mixture and cooked until slightly brown. The combination of flavors creates an irresistible french toast recipe that everyone will love.
Each ingredient adds something special to this french toast. I highly recommend Brioche bread because it creates a light and creamy french toast. You can also use challah or another firm bread, if desired. I like to let my bread sit out overnight so that it firms up a bit before using. No matter what you choose, the result is a meal that can be enjoyed again and again!
Raspberry Cheesecake Stuffed Brioche French Toast
For the raspberry cheesecake filling:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 ounces Robert Rothschild Raspberry Amaretto Preserves
For the Brioche French Toast:
- 8 slices of brioche bread, 1 inch thick*
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- unsalted butter, for cooking
- maple syrup, confectioners' sugar and fresh raspberries, for serving
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the cream cheese, lemon juice, confectioners' sugar and vanilla extract. Beat on medium speed until mixture is well blended and soft, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla extract and cinnamon. Pour into a small square glass or metal baking dish.
- Cut a wide pocket into each slice of bread without cutting all the way through. Spread a small amount of the cream cheese mixture inside each bread pocket. Spread a small amount of the raspberry amaretto preserves over the cream cheese. Press to close bread pocket. Repeat with remaining slices of bread.
- In a large nonstick pan over medium heat, add two tablespoons of butter. Once melted, dip each stuffed french toast into the egg mixture, lightly coating each side and shaking off the excess. Place the bread onto the heated pan and cook until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Flip and continue cooking the other side, about 2 to 3 minutes. Repeat until all remaining slices are cooked.
- Serve immediately with maple syrup, confectioners sugar and fresh raspberries, as desired.