A fresh, flavorful and wholesome smoothie is a great way to start the day! This citrus sunrise smoothie is packed with fresh oranges, pineapple and mango!
Let’s talk about resolutions. I don’t usually make resolutions for the New Year. Instead, I make one personal goal for the year and aim to achieve that goal. I don’t usually share the goal with anyone else because it is something I do for myself. This year, I haven’t quite determined my one personal goal for the year, but I have decided to make a few kitchen resolutions. Today, I’m sharing my five kitchen resolutions for the new year and the recipe for this citrus sunrise smoothie.
I call these kitchen resolutions because they are things related to cooking and baking that I would I like to focus on in 2015. Here are my five kitchen resolutions:
(1) Take a few cooking classes – I have no formal culinary training. For the past few years I’ve wanted to take a cooking class, especially a knife skills class, but I have yet to actually do it. This year, I am going to aim to take a few classes to learn some master techniques.
(2) Be more adventurous – Bouchon Bakery and My Paris Kitchen are two of my favorite cookbooks to peruse, but I have only made a handful of recipes from both books. Every time I open the books Pain au Chocolat and Parisian Gnocchi call my name but I have yet to master them. In 2015, I am not only going to make those two recipes, but I am also going to experiment with different flavors and ingredients.
(3) Cook and bake recipes from other bloggers more often and share my results with you – Just like you, many of the recipes I make for dinner during the week or brunch on the weekend are recipes developed by other bloggers. I want to share my favorite recipes from other bloggers with you. Each week, I am going to try to share one recipe that I have actually made on Instagram and Facebook.
(4) Prep meals ahead of time – I meal plan so that I have a schedule and don’t have to worry about what I am making for dinner. But I don’t do a very good job prepping meals ahead of time. A lot of time is saved by prepping meals on the weekends and in the morning before I start working. I am going to try to be more conscious about prepping to save time.
(5) Reorganize – I have a large kitchen but not a lot of storage space. My drawers often get stuck because I have too much stuff in them and because they are not organized in any reasonable order. I already ordered a few drawer organization tools and am expanding the space on my island to accomodate two more cabinets. Mission kitchen organization will commence soon.
Now that I shared my kitchen resolutions for this year, I want to share this bright, fun and refreshing smoothie with you. Colorful and flavorful, this smoothie reminds me of the summer sun. Made with oranges, pineapples and mango, plus a date to add a little sweetness, this smoothie is the perfect way to start the day or enjoy as an afternoon snack.
Source: Spoonful of Flavor
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.