Instant Pot Turkey Sweet Potato Quinoa Chili is a healthier take on your favorite hearty chili! This meal is a fall favorite that the whole family will love. Best of all, it cooks in the Instant Pot for an easy weeknight dinner.
As the fall season approaches, I always look for hearty comforting foods that are quick and easy to make. Anything that cooks in little time is perfect for weeknight dinners. I love making a big pot of chili on a Saturday or Sunday to watch a football game, and then save the leftovers to eat throughout the week. Sometimes the leftovers taste even better on the second or third day! Instant Pot Turkey Sweet Potato Quinoa Chili is the perfect chili to cook for weeknights, game days and crisp fall days.
With a chili recipe, it’s easy to add or subtract a few ingredients to suit your taste. With this recipe, I substituted and added a few ingredients like sweet potato and quinoa to give a hearty twist on the classic chili recipe. It creates a nutrient dense meal with a lot of added fiber and protein.
I love to make a chili bar with a lot of different toppings so each person can make their own bowl to suit their taste. I always include sour cream, jalapeños, avocado, cilantro, tortilla strips, hot sauce and saltines for guests to help themselves to their favorite toppings. Because this meal cooks in the Instant Pot, it’s even easier and quicker!
Make plans to make a large batch of this hearty chili to share with your family and reheat throughout the week. I promise that this recipe will become a staple in your home!
Instant Pot Turkey Sweet Potato Quinoa Chili
Yield: about 6 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Turkey Sweet Potato Quinoa Chili is a healthier take on your favorite hearty chili! This meal is a fall favorite that the whole family will love and it cooks in the Instant Pot for an easy weeknight dinner.
- 2 tablespoon avocado oil, divided
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 whole onion, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Red pepper flakes, diced avocado, sour cream, shredded cheese and cilantro, for serving
- Using the sauté function on your Instant Pot, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add turkey and brown until cooked. Remove to a bowl.
- Add 1 more tablespoon of oil and add onions, pepper, sweet potato, and garlic. Sauté for 6 to 8 minutes until onion is translucent.
- Stir the turkey back into the pot and add the remaining ingredients (quinoa through red pepper). Cook on Manual High for 20 minutes. Perform a quick release after cook time is up. Season to taste with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve with red pepper flakes, diced avocado, sour cream, grated cheese, and/or cilantro to taste.
SHOP THE RECIPE TOOLS
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, DON’T FORGET TO SHARE A PHOTO AND TAG @SPOONFULFLAVOR ON INSTAGRAM.