This recipe for Cheeseburger Egg Rolls is inspired by the classic Disney Parks snack! Ground beef is mixed with burger toppings then rolled in an egg roll wrapper and cooked for a flavorful appetizer or snack. Oven, air fryer, and standard frying instructions are included.
We visit Disney Parks often and one of my favorite treats in all the parks are the Cheeseburger Spring Rolls. You can find them at the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World, at the entrance of Adventureland. They are indulgent, cheesy and irresistible.
These cheeseburger egg rolls are so good that I decided to make my own recipe at home. At Disney Parks, these snacks are cooked in spring roll wrappers, however, I used egg rolls for this recipe. Switch out the wrappers depending on preference and availability. Either way, They come out crunchy, flavorful, and delicious!
If you love Disney snacks, check out this post featuring the best Savory Snacks at Disney’s Magic Kingdom.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- You can enjoy a taste of Disney magic at home.
- They make a great snack and popular party appetizer.
- Customize by serving with your favorite dipping sauces.
- You can make them with egg roll wrappers or spring roll wrappers.
- Bake them in the oven, air fry them or fry them in a pan.
What You Need
- Ground Beef – Adds a classic beef burger flavor.
- Yellow Onion – Infuses an onion flavor to enhance the burger taste.
- Grated Cheddar Cheese – Adds a creamy, salty element to the filling.
- Dill Pickles – Gives the burgers a classic dill pickle taste and tangy flavor.
- Dijon Mustard – Gives these egg rolls a tangy mustard flavor.
- Worcestershire – Adds a salty bite that pairs well with burger flavor.
- Spring Roll or Egg Roll Wrappers – Either one will produce a crunchy cheeseburger roll. Find them in the produce section of your local grocery store, near the refrigerated items.
- Vegetable Oil – Used to fry the egg rolls if you choose the pan-frying method.
NOTE about using spring roll wrappers: I sometimes have mixed results with spring roll wrappers as they are thinner. They can be more challenging to work with and don’t stick together as well. As a result, I typically use egg roll wrappers. They result in a thicker outer shell and crunchier texture.
How to Make Disney’s Cheeseburger Spring Rolls
Step 1. Cook the ground beef burger mixture. In a medium skillet, cook and crumble the ground beef and onion until the ground beef is no longer pink, about 10 minutes. Drain any excess fat from the pan and return to heat.
Step 2. Add the burger toppings & seasonings. Add the cheese, pickles, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir until the cheese is fully melted.
Step 3. Form the egg rolls. Lay a spring roll wrapper flat in a diamond shape in front of you. Add 3-4 spoonfuls of meat towards the bottom of the wrapper. Roll the wrapper by first folding up the bottom corner toward the top and then pull in the sides and roll all the way. Brush a few dots of water at the point at the top of the wrapper to keep the wrapper sealed.
Step 4. Fry the egg rolls. Fill a deep frying pan with 1⁄2 inch of vegetable oil. Heat oil to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Fry the spring rolls in batches being careful not to crowd the pan. Cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side until crispy and golden brown. Remove from the oil and place on a wire rack or plate lined with paper towels.
Air Fryer Cheeseburger Egg Rolls (or Spring Rolls)
If you have an air fryer, you can absolutely use it. The air fryer will produce a crispy egg roll without any use of excess oil and will cook quickly with minimal clean-up!
- Follow steps 1-3 to assemble the egg rolls.
- Coat all sides of the spring rolls with cooking spray.
- Place rolls into the air fryer basket. Set the air fryer to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and cook for 12 minutes.
- If needed, flip halfway through for even browning.
Oven-Baked Cheeseburger Spring Rolls (or Egg Rolls)
Looking for a lightened-up version? You can bake your spring rolls right in the oven where they will get crispy without any excess oil.
- Follow steps 1-3 to assemble the egg rolls.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lay the egg rolls down on a baking sheet with the end of the wrapper on the bottom.
- Brush the tops of each egg roll with some olive oil.
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 8 minutes.
- Turn each eggroll over and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven with tongs and serve hot.
- Make it a bacon cheeseburger egg roll by adding chopped bacon to the cheeseburger mixture.
- If you like a little crunch, add in some shredded cabbage before sealing the egg roll.
- Make a lighter version by using ground turkey instead of ground beef.
- Instead of using cheddar, try using your favorite cheese such as provolone, pepper jack, or Monterey jack cheese.
- Spice it up by adding a drizzle of hot sauce before forming the egg roll.
An egg roll is made with a wrapper that is made of flour while a spring roll is made with rice flour. Both are similar in shape but have a slightly different texture.
As of right now, you can find this delicious snack in Adventureland at the spring roll cart. The hours vary so if you see them, give them a try!
Because egg roll and spring roll wrappers are fairly thin, they cook quickly and do not need to be boiled beforehand.
Cheeseburger Egg Rolls
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 medium yellow onion
- 2 cups freshly grated cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup diced dill pickle
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 package Wonton wrappers, or spring roll wrappers (12-15 wrappers)
- Vegetable oil, for frying (about 1-2 cups)
- In a medium skillet, cook and crumble the ground beef and onion until the ground beef is no longer pink, about 10 minutes. Drain any excess fat from the pan and return to heat.
- Add the cheese, pickles, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Stir until the cheese is melted.
- Lay a spring roll wrapper flat in a diamond shape in front of you. Add 3-4 spoonfuls of meat towards the bottom of the wrapper. Roll the wrapper by first folding up the bottom corner toward the top and then pull in the sides and wrap all the way.
- Brush a few dots of water at the point at the top of the wrapper to keep the wrapper sealed.
- Fill a deep frying pan with 1/2 inch of vegetable oil. Heat oil to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Fry the spring rolls in batches being careful not to crowd the pan. Cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side until crispy and golden brown. Remove from the oil and place on a wire rack or plate lined with a paper towel.
Anyone have any guesses as to whats in the sauce they serve with them?
I know it’s a late reply, but I just had them in the parks 2 weeks ago and we asked about the sauce. The CM said it’s a garlic aioli. I bought a bottle of heinz garlic aioli at the grocery store and it tasted pretty close to the stuff at MK
Thanks so much for letting me know! This makes sense and I’ll have to try them with garlic aioli to compare.
I tried these and they are just as good as they look. The whole family loves them!
These are one of my favorite Disney snacks too! Thank you for the homemade version. We will be making these this week!