Creamy Coconut Oatmeal with fresh berries from Heather Christo’s new cookbook Pure Delicious! Her new book features more than 150 Delectable Allergen-Free Recipes made without gluten, dairy, eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, shellfish or cane sugar. Start your day with a big bowl of oatmeal and fresh berries!
Let’s start the week off with a hearty bowl of creamy coconut oatmeal with fresh berries. Have you seen Heather Christo’s new cookbook, Pure Delicious? It is a recent addition to my cookbook collection and I wanted to share my thoughts with you. Not only does the book detail her quest towards understanding common food allergies, it also provides over 150 delectable allergen-free recipes. Even though I am fortunate to not have many food allergies, I love Heather’s book. After all, it’s full of delicious, healthy, seasonal and nutritious recipes that your entire family will love. The book includes everything from this quick and easy creamy coconut oatmeal to grilled skirt steak with chimichurri and chocolate zucchini bundt cake.
Oatmeal is on the breakfast menu in my house a few times a week. It fills me up for the day ahead and I love that I can mix in my favorite toppings or whatever I have available. I adapted this recipe slightly by adding strawberries. You can also serve the oatmeal with additional coconut milk or agave. Bananas or peanut butter are another tasty option.
Go ahead, dig into a fresh and flavorful breakfast! Don’t forget to try more recipes from Heather Christo’s new book, Pure Delicious.
Creamy Coconut Oatmeal
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/4 cup granulated beet sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of kosher salt
- fresh berries agave, coconut milk and toasted coconut, for garnish
- In a small saucepan, bring the coconut milk to a simmer over medium heat. Add the oats, sugar, coconut, cinnamon, and salt and stir. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook until the coconut milk has been absorbed and the oatmeal is creamy, about 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately, topped with fresh berries, agave, coconut milk, and toasted coconut.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 880, Fat: 67g, Saturated Fat: 57g, Sodium: 43mg, Potassium: 840mg, Carbohydrates: 68g, Fiber: 11g, Sugar: 34g, Protein: 11g, Vitamin C: 8.1%, Calcium: 5.9%, Iron: 33.6%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.
Reprinted from Pure Delicious by arrangement with Pam Krauss Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) LLC, A Penguin Random House Company. Copyright © 2016, Heather Christo LLC
This post may contain affiliate links.