Start and end your day with calming golden milk! This golden milk tea recipe is made with comforting spices like turmeric, cinnamon, ginger, honey and black pepper plus thick and creamy milk. Create a golden milk latte by foaming the top or add a shot of espresso.
Combine calming spices like turmeric, ginger, cinnamon and black pepper to make this golden milk. Also called turmeric milk, this drink is lightly sweetened with honey or maple syrup. It simmers on the stove with rich and creamy milk. Golden milk is a great addition because it is easily adapted to fit your taste. Froth the milk to make a golden milk latte and enjoy this flavorful drink any day of the week.
How to make golden milk
To make golden milk, whisk together milk, cinnamon, turmeric, ginger, honey and any additional spices like cardamom, cloves or nutmeg in a small saucepan on the stove. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until incorporated, about 5 minutes. Remove the mixture from the heat and taste. Adjust the flavors or sweetener as needed. Strain through a fine-mesh strainer into mugs and top with extra cinnamon.
Spices in golden milk
Use fresh or ground spices in this recipe for great flavor. We like the ease and mild taste of ground spices in this recipe, but fresh tastes amazing too.
- Black Pepper
- Cardamom, Nutmeg or Cloves
- Black Pepper
How to make a golden milk latte
We love to enjoy the golden milk latte-style, thick and creamy with a foamy top! Use a milk frother to froth the golden milk. You can also add one or two shots of espresso before frothing for an extra kick of caffeine in the morning.
Golden Milk Recipe
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cinnamon stick, (or 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon)
- 1 (1-inch) piece turmeric,, grated (or 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric)
- 1 (1/2 inch) piece ginger,, grated (or 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger)
- 1 tablespoon honey, (or maple syrup)
- pinch black pepper
- pinch ground cardamom, cloves or nutmeg, (optional)
- ground cinnamon, (for serving)
- Whisk milk, cinnamon, turmeric, ginger, honey, black pepper and any additional spices desired in a small saucepan. Bring the mixture to a low boil, then reduce heat and simmer until incorporated, 5 minutes. Remove from heat and taste, adjusting flavors and sweetener as needed. Strain through a fine mesh sieve into mugs and top with a dash of cinnamon.
- Use a milk frother and froth for a couple minutes until you reach your desired froth level.
Kitchen tools and ingredients needed to make this turmeric tea
- All you need to cook this recipe is a high quality saucepan, whisk and fine mesh strainer.
- Create a foamy top with a milk frother. Here is the inexpensive one we use.