Thank you to organicgirl for sponsoring this post!
Roasted Sweet Potato, Beet, Apple and Quinoa Salad is made with fresh greens, vegetables, spiced pepitas, dried cranberries, goat cheese and a simple balsamic honey dressing!
It’s time to start prepping your Thanksgiving Day menu! After you add Brown Butter and Rosemary Mashed Sweet Potatoes, Broccoli, Chicken and Cheese Wild Rice Casserole and Maple Pumpkin Bread to your menu, don’t forget a fresh and flavorful salad. Roasted Sweet Potato, Beet, Apple and Quinoa Salad includes fresh greens, roasted sweet potato, cooked beets, fresh apple, quinoa, cinnamon spice pepitas and goat cheese. Drizzle the salad with a simple balsamic honey dressing to create a salad that is perfect for sharing all season long.
For the base of this salad, I use one of my favorite organicgirl salad blends, SUPERGREENS!. Dark greens such as red and green chard, hearty bok choy and spicy arugula combine into one salad blend. The nutrient-rich greens complement the hearty seasonal flavors of the sweet potato, beets, apple and cranberries. Cinnamon spice pepitas add a flavorful crunch. Serve the salad with a simple homemade balsamic honey dressing. Enjoy the salad for lunch during the week or add it to your next dinner party menu.
Roasted Sweet Potato, Beet, Apple and Quinoa Salad
For the dressing:
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Arrange sweet potato on baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat. Bake for 25 minutes, or until tender.
- While the sweet potato is baking, cook quinoa according to package instructions.
- To make the dressing, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey and dijon mustard. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a large bowl, toss together cooked sweet potato, cooked quinoa, greens, beets, apple, cranberries, pepitas, and goat cheese. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Enjoy!
- You can prep the salad and salad dressing in advance. Store separately in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Toss together salad and salad dressing just prior to serving.
- Omit the cheese to make this vegan.
This post is sponsored by organicgirl. As always, all opinions are my own.