Thank you to the National Frozen & Refrigerated Foods Association for sponsoring this post!
Spiked Cranberry Cream Cheese Spread with Pecans is an easy appetizer or snack recipe that comes together in 15 minutes! Serve it at your next dinner or holiday party.
Are you ready for the holiday season? Today, I’m sharing a recipe that makes holiday party planning even easier. Spiked Cranberry Cream Cheese Spread is a quick and easy appetizer that is packed with fresh cranberry flavor.
To create an easy holiday appetizer recipe, I partnered with the National Frozen and Refrigerated Foods Association (NFRA) as part of the Cool Food Panel to bring you this Spiked Cranberry Cream Cheese Spread with Pecans. I used my favorite Cape Cod Select Cranberries Plus Blueberries, Blackberries and Raspberries blend. The berries simmer on the stove with red wine, honey, cinnamon and orange to create a simple cranberry sauce. Pour the cooled sauce over a block of softened Kraft PHILADELPHIA original cream cheese and then top with pecans and fresh mint. Serve with crackers or fresh bread. Add it to a cheese or charcuterie board. It’s that easy! The entire thing comes together in less than 15 minutes and can be prepped in advance.
To prepare in advance, make the sauce and store in a sealed container in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Just prior to serving, pour the sauce over the block of cream cheese and top with pecans and mint.
Make holiday party planning even easier by making quick, last minute recipes with Kraft PHILADELPHIA original cream cheese. Make cream cheese balls by rolling them in dried fruit, nuts and more. Stick a pretzel stick in the middle for easy snacking. Or cut slightly thawed frozen puff pastry into squares and arrange in a muffin pan to create small little pockets. Fill the pockets with a spoonful of cream cheese and cranberry sauce. Bake in an oven at 375 degrees until pastry is puffed up and golden brown, about 10 minutes. Making an impressive appetizer doesn’t have to be difficult!
Spiked Cranberry Cream Cheese Spreadv
- 8 ounces Cape Cod Select Cranberries Plus Blueberries Blackberries and Raspberries
- ½ cup dark red wine I use Cabernet Sauvignon
- 3 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- zest and juice from one orange
- 8 ounces Kraft PHILADELPHIA original cream cheese softened slightly (1 package)
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- In a medium saucepan set over medium-high heat, combine berries, wine, honey, cinnamon, orange zest and orange juice. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Cook until thickened, stirring occasionally, about 7 to 10 minutes. Once the mixture is thickened, remove from heat and let cool.
- Place the softened cream cheese on a serving plate or platter. Top with cooled cranberry sauce, chopped pecans and fresh mint. Serve with crackers or bread. Enjoy!
- You can use only frozen cranberries, if desired, or a mix of cranberries and other berries.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 173, Fat: 12g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 31mg, Sodium: 92mg, Potassium: 97mg, Carbohydrates: 12g, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 8g, Protein: 2g, Vitamin A: 425%, Vitamin C: 4%, Calcium: 34%, Iron: 0.4%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.
This post was created in partnership with the National Frozen & Refrigerated Foods Association as part of the Cool Food Panel. As always, all opinions are my own.