Cranberry Cream Cheese Spread with Pecans is an easy appetizer or snack recipe that comes together in 15 minutes! Serve it at your next dinner or holiday party.
This easy recipe that makes holiday party planning even easier. A simple cream cheese spread comes together easily and is packed with fresh cranberry flavor.
Serve with crackers or fresh bread. Add it to a cheese or charcuterie board. It’s that easy! The entire thing comes together in less than 15 minutes and can be prepped in advance.
To prepare in advance, make the sauce and store in a sealed container in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Just prior to serving, pour the sauce over the block of cream cheese and top with pecans and mint.
Try this recipe and let us know what you think!
Cranberry Cream Cheese Spread
- 8 ounces cranberries
- ½ cup dark red wine, (I use Cabernet Sauvignon)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- zest and juice from one orange
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened slightly (1 package)
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- In a medium saucepan set over medium-high heat, combine berries, wine, honey, cinnamon, orange zest and orange juice. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Cook until thickened, stirring occasionally, about 7 to 10 minutes. Once the mixture is thickened, remove from heat and let cool.
- Place the softened cream cheese on a serving plate or platter. Top with cooled cranberry sauce, chopped pecans and fresh mint. Serve with crackers or bread. Enjoy!
- You can use only frozen cranberries, if desired, or a mix of cranberries and other berries.
- You can use cranberry juice or 1/4 cup lemon juice instead of the dark red wine. Lemon juice may alter the flavor slightly, but it will still taste great.