Cranberry Brie Bites are a simple and easy puff pastry appetizer for the holidays. A simple tart cranberry sauce and melty brie is combined with a buttery puff pastry for these bite sized, crowd pleasing treats! They come together in just 15 minutes.
Quick and simple appetizers are perfect for the holidays like Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years. These cranberry brie bites are easy to make and taste delicious.
Savory brie is paired with the tart taste of cranberry to create the perfect combination. Plus, puff pastry appetizers are always so quick and simple to prepare when you’re in a pinch.
These little baked brie bites come together with only four ingredients in 15 minutes. You can easily omit the nuts without sacrificing any of the flavor.
Enjoy this easy appetizer for dinner parties, holiday parties and more.
Ingredients You Need
- Puff pastry sheets – You can find flaky puff pastry sheets in the refrigerator or freezer section in your grocery store. You can also use crescent roll dough and pinch together any seams to make one large rectangular sheet before slicing into squares.
- Whole berry cranberry sauce – We love using this homemade cranberry sauce, however you can use store-bought sauce, if desired.
- Brie Cheese – One large brie triangle works great for this recipe.
- Pistachios – The nuts add a delicious flavor, crunch and texture to the cranberry brie bites. You can omit the nuts if needed. Or use another type of nut like walnuts or pecans.
How to Make Cranberry Brie Bites
- Cut the puff pastry sheets into squares. Using a knife or pizza cutter, cut the large puff pastry into three inch squares. Place each square into a greased mini muffin tin. Use cooking spray to grease the pan. Cut brie into 24 small pieces. Place a cube of brie onto each puff pastry and then top with cranberry sauce. It’s that easy!
- Bake for 10 minutes in a 375 degree Fahrenheit preheated oven, or until the pastry is lightly toasted. The edges should be golden brown.
- Garnish with pistachios prior to serving, if desired.
Some people do not like the taste of the rind of brie. You can remove the rind before adding to the puff pastry or leave it on.
- Cranberry Sauce – Use a quality sauce to create the most flavorful bites. We love using homemade cranberry sauce. Add a drizzle of honey or a squeeze of orange juice to add more flavor to the sauce, if desired.
- Prep Ahead – Although this appetizer comes together in less than 15 minutes, you can also prepare these little brie bites in advance and reheat them just prior to serving.
- Switch up the sauce – Instead of cranberry sauce, you can use apricot jam to make apricot brie bites, or another type of jam to alternate the flavor. Fig jam, raspberry jam, strawberry jam, pepper jelly or orange marmalade are also good choices.
- Make a larger batch – Double the recipe to make 48 cranberry brie puff pastry bites. Bake in two mini muffin pans.
- Storage – Store any leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Reheat – To reheat, place the bites in a mini muffin tin and reheat at 350 degrees Fahrehneit until warmed through. You can also serve the cranberry brie bites at room temperature.
No holiday season is complete without making a batch of these brie and cranberry bites. They come together easily and are the perfect holiday appetizer. Baked brie is always a fan-favorite at parties, but when paired with cranberry sauce (a holiday staple!) and a butter puff pastry, they are truly a crowd pleaser.
Serve them during the holiday season, especially during the months of November and December!
Other Holiday Appetizers
- Baked Oysters
- Cheeseburger Egg Rolls
- Ham and Cheese Pinwheels
- Baba Ganoush
- Crockpot Meatballs with Cranberry Sauce
- Homemade Pigs in a Blanket
Did you try this Cranberry Brie Bites recipe? If so, leave a recipe rating and review below.
Cranberry Brie Bites
- 1 1/2 cups whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1 brie triangle, chilled (about 8 ounces)
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut puff pastry sheets into approximately 3 inch squares and place into mini muffin tins, pressing them into the shape of the muffin tin.
- Place a 1-inch slice of brie in the center of each pastry and top with 1 tablespoon cranberry sauce.
- Bake 10 minutes, or until pastry corners are toasted light brown. Let cool 5 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with pistachios just before serving, if desired.
- Use your favorite cranberry sauce for this recipe. We use our homemade apple cranberry sauce.