Mango Popsicles with Chocolate Drizzle are a sweet, frozen treat to cool off with on a hot summer day! Made with fresh mango, yogurt, and honey, these ice pops are high in protein and are super refreshing. Perfect as a snack, dessert, or even breakfast. Prep in only 10 minutes before freezing!
This recipe originally published in July 2016 by Danae at Recipe Runner. It was updated in July 2021 with new process photos and tips.
If you’ve ever had a dried mango dipped in dark chocolate you know it’s an awesome flavor combination. Sweet from the fruit, with a little bitterness from the dark chocolate, it’s a perfect balance. In my opinion, most fruits dipped in dark chocolate are pretty darn tasty! Since the flavors work so well in that form I knew it had to be just as good drizzled all over these mango yogurt pops.
Even with the dark chocolate drizzle, these mango yogurt pops are healthy enough to be breakfast, snack, or dessert. They’re sort of like a smoothie in popsicle form. Chunks of fresh or frozen mango, plain Greek yogurt, milk, honey, vanilla extract, and of course dark chocolate, are all you need to make these tasty mango popsicles.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- They’re a refreshing treat that is perfect for summer.
- They are smooth and creamy with the help of your favorite yogurt.
- Customize by using any chocolate you enjoy for drizzling.
- A great way to use up mango when it’s in season.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Diced Mango – Fresh mango is the start of these popsicles and adds a sweet, tropical flavor.
- Yogurt – Adds the base of the creamy texture while adding protein and calcium. You can use plain non-fat or 2% Greek yogurt.
- Milk – Helps to thin out the popsicle mixture while keeping it nice and creamy.
- Honey – Balances the sweetness of the mango. You can substitute with maple syrup, if desired.
- Vanilla Bean Paste – Infuses a vanilla flavor throughout. You can use vanilla extract if you don’t have paste.
- Dark Chocolate – Chocolate adds the perfect decadent contrast to the popsicle and pairs well with the flavor of mango.
How To Make Mango Popsicles with Chocolate Drizzle
Step 1. Blend the popsicle mix. In a blender or food processor purée 2 cups of the diced mango, yogurt, milk, honey, and vanilla until smooth. Pour the mixture into popsicle molds.
Step 2. Add in diced mango for texture. Swirl the remaining 1/3 cup of diced mango into each popsicle mold using a wooden skewer or knife.
Step 3. Freeze and drizzle with chocolate. Insert the popsicle stick and freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight. Remove the frozen popsicles from the molds and place them on a baking sheet. Drizzle with the melted dark chocolate then place them back in the freezer to harden. Store the finished popsicles in a single layer in a freezer bag or other airtight container.
- Use good quality chocolate. For this recipe, you’ll want to use a chocolate that’s of good quality as you’ll be able to taste it front and center. Use whatever chocolate you enjoy.
- Full fat milk and yogurt. Using milk and yogurt with high-fat content will result in a more creamy popsicle, but you can use whatever you enjoy.
- Creamier popsicles. If you like a super creamy mango popsicles, you can blend all of the mangoes together instead of stirring in mango chunks at the end.
- Freeze solid. Make sure they are frozen solid before removing them from the popsicle molds. This will take a minimum of 4 hours, but every freezer is different and so it’s best to make ahead and freeze overnight.
- Add a shot of vodka or white rum to the mix for an adult beverage in popsicle form!
- Make dairy free. To make these popsicles dairy-free, use dairy-free yogurt and milk. I recommend using almond or cashew-based as it will keep the texture nice and creamy.
- Don’t have popsicles molds? Give these popsicles an old-school feel and shape by filling up a dixie cup with the mixture and putting freezing with the popsicle stick in the middle.
- Add more fruit or berries. Feel free to add in some of your favorite berries or fruit to the mix as long as it equals the same amount of mango in the recipe.
- Use white chocolate instead. Drizzle these mango popsicles with white chocolate for a lighter-tasting treat.
You can, but you’ll need to thaw it beforehand to make sure they blend with the yogurt, milk, and honey properly.
Follow the same instructions, but use a mix of mango and strawberry that equal 2 ⅓ cups of total fruit. Chop your strawberries small so there aren’t big chunks in the popsicle.
You can use just mango puree with the honey to make these popsicles, but keep in mind that they won’t have as creamy of a taste or texture.
More Popsicle Recipes
The mango popsicles are the perfect sweet treat for kids and adults. We love to make a batch to keep on hand to snack on all summer long. Try them and ejoy!
Mango Popsicles with Chocolate Drizzle
- 2 1/3 cups peeled and diced mango
- 10 ounces plain non-fat or 2% Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup milk of choice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- 3 ounces good quality dark chocolate, melted
- In a blender or food processor purée 2 cups of the diced mango, yogurt, milk, honey and vanilla until smooth. Pour the mixture into popsicle molds.
- Swirl the remaining 1/3 cup of diced mango into each popsicle mold using a wooden skewer or knife.
- Insert the popsicle stick and freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove the frozen popsicles from the molds and place them on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with the melted dark chocolate then place them back in the freezer to harden.
- Store the finished popsicles in a single layer in a freezer bag or other airtight container.
- This recipe makes 8 to 10 popsicles, depending on the size of your popsicle mold.
To find more easy recipes and desserts from Danae, visit her site Recipe Runner.